"Did you not read it?" Bailey added in. "She said she wanted you to give it to your daughter."

The thought of having a child brought uncomfortable goosebumps to me, and I wondered if they knew about Andy. Obviously, they didn't, because they either would have called me or done something not too similar to what Mr. Grant did when he barged into my house demanding answers. Remembering that made me shiver in sorrow.

Going back to the conversation with my stupid brothers I rolled my eyes. "She also said she wanted to hold my daughter, but she can't exactly do that, can she?" I didn't mean for the pain to slip out. I was never open like that to my brothers, and I knew Chris and I were suddenly getting a bit closer as well. And that was because of his work and my help. And boring silences.

Austin seemed to have a sympathetic look now, a softened look that caused him to sigh. "I'm sorry," He said, surprising me more. I hadn't heard an apology come from anyone other than myself in what seemed like so long. To make things even more interesting, it was from Austin. The glamorous doctor. "Just... I want to know why you don't keep it."

"Honestly, Austin, can you see me with a child?"

They all shifted uncomfortably and I rolled my eyes once more. "See? It would just be pointless." I said in honesty. I didn't see myself having a child. If I did, I'd probably never ask Andy to marry that woman. It was all fine in the end. I guess. They weren't even married yet, but I had to let go of any inside hope. Hope?

I asked myself why I needed it. I did it to myself, and I wasn't sure how many times I'd have to remind myself of that.

After our talk, I stood and Bailey gave me a strong hug as well. "Are you sure you want to just give it away?" He asked.

"Yeah, Jannette won't mind. It was mom's after all..." Austin said in fascination, Chris now hugging me and then we walked to the sliding door to enter the house again.

"It's fine, Austin. I swear. I won't have any use for it anyway." I said as we walked in and then I remembered the picture of the six of us, standing in front of that same house. My dad with his arms around Chris and Bailey, him giving my mother a kiss on the cheek. My mom with her arm around Austin and holding me at her hip, her cheek pressed to mine in a smile. Everyone was smiling, happy and wide grins, squinted eyes, my mother's incredibly shiny hair. I looked about four. It was a beautiful picture. "I have something to show you guys!" I squealed in excitement, and they suddenly laughed.

"Wow, Diana. You sure do seem happy."

I let out a long and content sigh. "I sure do feel happy, too." I turned to privately lift the skirt of my dress and pulled out the slightly faded Polaroid picture of all of us. I looked at it for a second, then turned to hand it to Chris.

He snatched it immediately, turning towards the party that was his source of light to get a better look at it. He moved it closer to his face and whispered, "Oh my god..." Then Bailey leaned over his shoulder to look, also.

Bailey reached for it and took it in his own hands, admiring it lovingly. He smiled softly at it, as if barely remembering it.

Then Austin took it last. having the other two guys crowd either side of him to look at it. They looked in fascination. Austin suddenly laughed. He laughed loud and happily, and I realized I was the only one who didn't remember it. It actually made me a little sad.

Austin turned around and lifted me in a big brotherly hug. He suddenly seemed too happy and looked over to the crowd. "James!" He called. "Chance! Get over here, guys!" He said happily after setting me down.

I accidentally flushed, seeing Claire and Charlie awkwardly walked towards us. Well, Claire looked completely poised and beautiful, it was just uncomfortable Charlie who walked over with that beautiful blonde at his side. It was weird, how we both made sudden eye contact. She shot me a sweet smile and I couldn't help but return it.