fourteen

Just a sample of how Nate's son, Carlitos looks like.😊

ester +

"Alright son, let's talk." I'm currently about to drop Carlitos off to his football practice, when I hear Nate call him and say that he needed to talk to him.

He sounds so serious though, I wonder why.

"Yes, dad?" He speaks softly.

"Um...about last night,"

Oh no, he's probably going to tell him to not call me 'mom', just like he did last night.

I stand behind the wall that's connected to the hallway going into the room their in and listen.

"So...let me get this straight, why did you call Ester your mom last night?" He asks, sighing.

I take a peek over, and see Carlitos standing in front of Nate as Nate is squat down looking up at him.

"Did you do it because you wanted to...?" He asks as Carlitos shakes his head, making my mouth open.

"Hey it's ok. Do you wanna tell me why?" Nate asks.

"She's the mom I want. She is the type of mom I see who loves me and cares for me since you came in here. I want her to be my mom. Not the other women. The other one was bad and mean and she did not love me." He explains as I feel something in me feeling a twist in my stomach knowing that he chose me to be his mom even if we're not biologically together.

"Son, I know that she's not your mom but you have to know that maybe Ester felt uncomfortable when you told her that." He says, grabbing onto his shoulders.

"No, I didn't." I speak up, not wanting to let Carlitos down.

Nate and him look to where I'm standing, with my arms crossed.

"You hear everything?" Nate stands up to his regular height.

I walk up to them, "Carlitos, you are the best boy you could ever exist in my life and I do love you and care for you. As if you're my real son." I hug him tightly as he hugs back.

"So, yeah. You can call me mom because I see you as my son as well and I will always see you as one because you are part of my life and in my heart. Nothing will change towards you from me. I will never hurt you like Regina did, I'll make your life be the awesome life you have ever wished for. I love you, my son."

"Really?! You're my mom now?!" He shrieks.

I giggle, "Yeah."

"Cool! I have the best cool mom ever! Now, I can tell my friends that I have a mom and that you're cool and buy me lots of things and even love me!" He jumps up and down.

I love seeing him like this. Seeing him get excited to tell his friends about me and show me off. I hope he will still show the same love that he has to me when he goes to middle and high school.

I hope he will still feel the same way about me till the day he gets married and have children's learning to love his own kids as well and to love his wife just like Nate and I are still.

Carlitos leaves off to grab his sports bag while I face Nate, wrapping my arms around him.

"I love you even more now that you did that." He says through my hair.

"I always wanted to make someone life's happy and not like mine's. Wasting my time in drinking alcohol and cry myself to sleep or till I get drunk." I say with sadness, going back to the time I would always drink every night because of my career stress or because I missed Nate.