five

"I thought that you said that we were in love..."

nate +

"Carlitos. Carlitos, come back here!" I semi-shout to him since all of a sudden when I'm about to pay, he's gone.

I go in search for him, and call out his name many times.

I pass through the crowded people, but can't seem to find him.

I'm really getting worried, so I shout more louder. "Carlitos! Carlitos, where are you?!" I ask.

"Haha! You can't catch me!" I hear him say but don't see him.

"Carlitos! Carlitos, where are you?!" I yell.

Passing through the people, I finally spot him behind a young woman's leg and hugging her leg as well.

Gosh Carlitos, you're only 4, and you already found yourself a beautiful girl.

"Carlitos, there you are. I have been looking for you."

The young woman chuckles and still looks down at him while I put my hands in my pockets shyly.

I can't see her face since her hair is loose and covering her face. She must be really pretty.

"He is so cute. How can a sweet boy be this rebelli- " she finally decides to look up and have her full face, face me but suddenly, I regret it.

ester +

No.

That's why he looks a lot like him. He has the face of his father, Nate.

The only man who could do this to me. Hurt me even more meeting his son in person.

"I-I," He manages to get something out but he gets stuck with his words.

"Wait, daddy? Isn't this the girl who was on the TV saying that I would marry her someday?" Carlitos asks looking up at me, admiring me.

I blush at his question, chuckling.

"Uh," Nate pulls him forward to him, "I'm sorry about that."

Wow, he's acting like if he doesn't know me at all. Kinda hurts, but I understand.

"Umm, Ester?" Carlitos interrupts us.

I bend down to his height. "Yes, Carlitos?" I say, adding the Spanish accent in his name.

"Can we be friends?" He asks, shyly playing with his fingers.

"Of course. I would love to be friends with you." I say smiling at him watching his dimples pop out of his both cheeks.

Exactly like his father.

"Cool! So that means we can hangout?! Like have a play date! Ooh, do you have a pool at your house?!" He jumps and squeals.

"Carlitos, I think that's enough." Nate says in a serious tone.

I look up at him giving him a glare. "Yes, I do. Wanna come sometime?"

He gasps before answering, "Yes! Yes! I would love to. I am so excited." He squeals even more looking up at his dad.

"But, if only you have your dad's permission." I stand up to look at Nate waiting for an answer.

"Dad, please can we go! You can also have fun in the pool! We can finally have fun without mom's rule!"

Oh, Regina. Yeah, I forgot he has a really, possessive mom. Found out on the news.