twenty two

ester +

90 DAYS LATER

"Hi, Ester, how have you been?" My therapist asks me as I let her inside my suite.

"I've been good, actually." I give her a smile, walking to the living room.

She sits down as she gives me a nice, warm smile. "Are you ready?"

I put my hands together, looking down at my feet.

"Yeah, I'm ready to face the world again."

+++

"John!" I put my luggage down and run up to hug him.

"How are you?" I let go of him as he chuckles.

"Very well. I feel so free and clean with my life." I say as Sherry comes out of the car with her newborn baby boy.

I gasp in awe, heading for her way and see her son sleeping peacefully, "Aww, he is so cute! Aww."

I give her a side hug congratulating both of them while I hold him in my arms.

"What's his name?" I stare down at him.

"Dylan." She says smiling at him while I return him back to her.

"Well, lets get you out of here and head to your house and then we can have a little hangout just us and the others." John helps me up with my stuff as I get in the car.

+++

As soon as I open the door, I'm greeted by the whole boys standing in the hallway with a big sign that welcomes me with balloons on each side of them.

I cover my mouth, tearing up a bit since they did all this for me.

"Welcome back, Ester!" Sam hugs me first as everyone else does the same and gives me a special welcome compliment.

We all head to the backyard as Derek is out grilling in the backyard kitchen and the rest talking to one another.

Everything is going great, and I appreciate them for all of the love they have for me, but something doesn't feel right.

Someone is missing here and I know who it is. Both of them are the only ones not in here and talking all together again like we used to.

Meanwhile I'm in the crowd talking to the boys, I look over to my hallway, seeing if he's going to appear anytime once he enters the door. But he's not. My eyes are just waiting in seeing him come in with Carlitos and have them both in my arms. Having Nate tell me that he never forgot me.

I feel my forearm get nudged, and I look up at Dillon smirking at me.

"Waiting for someone?"

"No. I'm just-"

"It's okay. He was going to come but he just had doubts whether you're still mad at him for last time or if you had just let that go." He takes a sip of his beer and looks out the view.

I frown at the thought that its my fault he didn't come. He must be really hurt and sentimental about the last time we saw each other in all these months.

"But hey, lighten up, he still has feelings for you and he talks to me about what you guys did when y'all were together. Ester, when he said that he'll never forget you and that you'll be in his heart forever, he really meant it." He hugs me leaving off after as I step out of the crowd and walk inside.

I walk upstairs to my room, and open the door to my bedroom seeing it organized and clean with a few dusts on my furniture.

I look around passing by every object in here remembering the times of Nate and I.