Chapter 16

I've reincarnated into the evil character, but somehow I've healed them?
Chapter 16
==================================

*- Nurse's Office : Laurence POV -*

I want to feel small.

When I look at clouds, it looks so otherworldly. And when I see the starry sky at night, I realize I'm just a spec of dust floating in the galaxy.

When I think of that, I can't help but forget all the bad things.

Bernald : "...Is he okay now, Sensei?"

Sensei : "It doesn't look like anything is wrong with his body. He should be fine to go home for today."

Bernald : "Thank you Sensei for your time. I'll take him home when he wakes up."

Sensei : "Remember to lock the door when you leave. Then, excuse me."

I heard the sound of a rolling chair, then the door closing. Opening my eyes, I could tell it was getting dark. Bernald-san was by my side, with a worried look. I was about to get up from the bed, but he gently pushed me back down.

Bernald : "Don't get up yet. *Sigh,* do you know how scared I got when I saw you on the floor? The students inside the classroom had to snap me out of it to move. ...What happened to you?"

I recall my memories from then. The chill of her nails, and the crazy laughter before I passed out.... Was that really real...?

Laurence : "I... I met Rosa Spinel."

Bernald : "!!! What happened?!"

Laurence : "Like Diago-san... b-but I don't think I c-can...!"

I felt Bernald-san's hands on mine. I hadn't realized I was gripping my shoulders that hard. He sat down on the edge of the bed, and held them between his palms. Repeatedly, his thumbs smoothed the back of my hands. It was so comforting...

Bernald : "You don't have to force yourself to say anything. It's okay now, Laurence. It's okay... come here."

Once I realized it, I was leaning on Bernald-san's shoulder. His arms were wrapped around me, patting my back. The fear was fading away, the warmer my heart became.

Laurence : "B-Bernald...san...uuu... *sniffle*"

I silently cried into his shoulder, clutching his back. Hasn't something like this happened before...? I was in his arms, trying to hold back my tears... But it's a little different from then.

I think I can let it all out in front of this person.

==================================

*- Laurence's Home : Bernald POV -*

It was completely dark by the time we left the school. Laurence, with his tear-stained face, got lots of attention while we headed to his house. Even more so, for pinching the edge of my jacket like a little kid. *Cough...* It was very cute.

Once we got there, I quickly pushed him inside. I told him to get a lot of rest for tomorrow, and said goodnight. He looked a little down when I turned down his offer to sleep over. I think it was for the best. Laurence should have some time alone to wind down.

When I arrived at the Sphene mansion, I hurried back to my room. Changing from my suit to a comfortable pair of white pajamas, I sat down at my desk and turned on the lamp. In front of me, were files of all the characters in Magical Kingdom: Light. It had their basic profiles and involvement in the routes. It was purely written by memory, and was very sparse with info, but as time progressed I slowly remembered a few things.