Chapter 11

I've reincarnated into the evil character, but somehow I've healed them?
Chapter 11
==================================

It's finally the dreaded day. Where your greatest embarrassments come to light.

On "Bring Your Parents To School" day.

It was early morning, and I already heard the groans and complaints of students.

"Dearest mother, please stop taking pictures!!!"

"Father, do not talk at all. Anything that you say always leads to you showing my baby picture..."

"Little sister, don't touch the fire alarm! Ah! Little brother, DON'T GO INSIDE THE TRASH SHUTE!"

When seeing everybody's parents and actions, I feel that nothing can really compete with Sphene-sama.

"Woah! Father, look over here! You look cool atop the school monument!"

"Really? Get up here, I'll hold you up on my shoulders! Bernald, quickly take a picture!"

"Yes, yes... But be careful, don't slip~"

"Phht, as if I, the daughter of this man whose climbed mountain cliffs, would slip! Ah-"

"B-Brittania-sama!?!?"

Luckily Sphene-sama caught her with wind magic. He lifted her up and sat her next to him.

"Maybe I should have done this in the first place..."

"U-Uh huh...!"

-------------------------------------------------------------

When class started, it was like a switch had turned on in the room. Parents calmly bragged about their child, in the most aristocratic way. Their finest art, placements in competitions, number of instruments that they could play... Brittania-sama could possibly score high in the art category, but bringing up doujinshi is...

Students that usually talk about school, are acting like they're at a noble's party. Brand names, companies, marriage partners were the main topics. Even Brittania-sama had to join in the discussions.

It's pretty saddening to not be able to be yourself in front of your parents. For the nobles, and their children, it must be stifling to act in such a way. Though there's always those kinds of people that like to do such things.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It was sort of a class competition, to see who did the best in each subject. Brittania-sama almost drowned in Arithmetic and Chemistry, but I'm glad we got a bit of retribution in Literacy and Art. The rude whispers were too loud to even ignore.

A note was passed to Brittania-sama, with positive support written from classmates. Though they couldn't say praise out loud, in their hearts everybody supported each other. It was heartwarming to see such camaraderie.

During lunch, we led Sphene-sama to our usual spot in the garden. It was expected that it was empty, and we ate our school lunches.

"So what class is after this? Here, eat more spinach. There's no bones in this part."

"Father, I easily choke on stringy leaves. Fish?! The class after Art, is Music and then Magic Education. Take my mango pudding."

"Isn't it your favorite though? But gosh, I never knew you were such an artist! Maybe we could hold an exhibition." He clapped his hands together.

Both of us paled and shook our heads. "No no no! It's fine! My art is on normal standards!"

"If we held an exhibition, I'd be blasphemy against the church..."