Chapter 15

I've reincarnated into the evil character, but somehow I've healed them?
Chapter 15
==================================

*- The Track Field : Laurence POV -*

I sat at the edge of the track, watching Brittania-san jog. Hair askew and continuously wiping sweat from her forehead, today is another arduous day.

Laurence : "You can do it, Brittania-san!"

I cheered her on as she went by. Putting effort into a smile, she gives me a thumbs up and continues on. Although Brittania-san is not the smartest or athletic person, she always tries her best.

I spotted Bernald-san coming back. He was carrying a basket full of fruit and water, probably refreshments for Brittania-san. Scooting over to make room on the picnic table cloth, I shifted myself to holding my knees.

Bernald : "What lap is she on now?"

Laurence : "She's on her fifth one. The teacher is harsh; making her do ten with no breaks."

Bernald-san grabs a slice of watermelon and takes a bite. Isn't that a bit cruel? Look, she's glaring at you...

Bernald : "Brittania-sama, do two more laps! Then I'll let you have some!"

Energized, Brittania-san is able to pick up her pace.

Laurence : "You're so harsh, Bernald-san..."

Bernald : "She does this everyday. The teacher noticed she's gotten better, and is thinking to add in more laps. Just think of it as preparation. *Chomp.*"

We wordlessly watched Brittania-san jog around the track. The sun was setting in the back, casting an orange glow across the fields. The school entrance was dark, with only a few groups of students leaving. In the faint distance you could hear the voices of students playing soccer or frisbee. Wind combed through grass, making rustling sounds.

It was really peaceful.

Bernald : "…Laurence, did you stop by the Citrine residence yet?"

Laurence : "Yes…it's just as you've expected."

In the beginning of the year, me and Bernald-san were targeted. Brittania-san also was approached, but she was fine. Then Diago-san and Citrine-sama were attacked in their home.

With my taste for magical power, I can sense the type that's left in the area. What I've found left in the lizard… It was partially fueled with light magic.

I turned my head to Bernald-san, looking at him worriedly. What are we going to do with this information?

He noticed I was staring at him. Playfully, he tousled my hair. Hmm... That doesn't feel too bad.

Bernald : "Don't worry about it too much. I mean, it is concerning, but there's not much we can do. We can't accuse her of anything without evidence. And if we did, we'd lose a great asset."

Laurence : "Then... What can we do?"

He paused for a moment, looking down at nothing. It seemed like a million thoughts ran through his head all at once.

Bernald : "I can think of a thousand ways to solve this, but none are morally right. Hmm... The best outcome is changing her heart. How, is the question..."

We were both silent, thinking up possible methods. I didn't even notice Brittania-san sitting down until she waved her hand.

Brittania : "Hello? What are you guys thinking about?"

Bernald : "Brittania-sama, if you wanted to change a lady's heart, how would you do it?"

Brittania : "Show them BL."