Chapter 1

I've reincarnated into the evil character, but somehow I've healed them?

Chapter 1

=================================

For twelve years, I've lived in this world. Serving Brittania-sama wasn't so bad after I hit my head. Instead, she's treated me equally (but still bossy). I don't remember everything from my past life, but I could tell that I was vastly different from my original character.

My character's name is Bernald Tanzanite. His last name was given by Brittania-sama. Before he became a Butler, he experienced a horrible childhood. His mother and himself were cast away by his father, who was a noble. In despair, his mother became an alcoholic, abusive towards Bernald, and eventually she took her own life. Young as Bernald was, he survived by living off of the streets, doing acts of violence. Each day, he resented his father, more and more, and eventually he felt that way towards the whole nobility. One day the Duke Sphene-sama took pity on him and took him in.

Later in the game, Bernald would be exposed trying to release a magical beast onto the aristocracy, by using forbidden magic. In other routes, he would only appear for a short scene at the end credits.

Since I was the villan himself I've already prevented a huge disaster. The only troubling thing would be the capturable characters and rivals. If you are unsuccessful in capturing a target, you would get the worst possible ending. Trapped as a slave, untold disaster upon the kingdom, or death. Though it doesn't necessarily mean that other than the captured they would fall to disaster, it was still worrying.

But other than that, my life was pretty secure. No worries about money! I had the best kind of master, and I was skillful in a variety of things. I could even start my own romance!

....Is what I wished for. Upon arriving at the Academy, it was time for the villainous and heroine to meet. The villain would demonstrate their differences in class, lowering her self-esteem. But instead, I was met with an unfamiliar heroine.

"Hmph! You think you can talk to *me* like that way? I am worth *more* than your entire household, *Brittania*."

Both me and Brittania-sama were dumbfounded. It was highly disrespectful to be called on a first name basis with strangers, but even more so to someone of Brittania-sama's status. Haughtily, Rosa Spinel left both of us in the dust.

"Brittania-sama... Are you alright?" I asked cautiously. She was shaking visibly. Suddenly she started bawling.

"Waaah!!! I just wanted to get to know her!" I patted her head, trying to comfort her. "There, there... Brittania-sama, would you like to recover in the garden?" Rubbing her eyes, she nodded.

After carefully cultivating her into a better person, her charm points have risen so much, she can't even be considered a villainous. She's now more like a tsundere friend. Awhile after calming her down with a cup of Earl grey tea, we were visited by a familiar person. Instantly Brittania-sama's face brightened. She briskly walked over to the person, unable to contain her happiness.

"Richard-sama! Whatever brings you here?" This person was Richard Larimar, the first prince of the country. The main love interest, where I appear in the game. He was a good friend of Brittania-sama's, and often visited our house when she was small. He had the outside setting of the princely and mysterious type, which was very popular in my old world.

But in reality, I knew he was the mischievous and scheming type. His looks makes him popular with both women and men. Long, platinum sliver hair, and his eyes were the color of the larimar stone. All the characters last names were the color of their eyes, making them stand out.

A single lock of his hair was braided, with an accessory clipped at the end. On his birthday both me and Brittania-sama gave him a hair accessory. For some reason, I've only seen him wear mine. When he was wearing it, he'd twirl a lock of his hair and frantically blink at me. I wanted to hit his head right then and there.

In school, I'd thought he'd be busy as the school president, but it seems he has enough free time to be loitering around here. I hid my displeasure when he sat down on the bench next to Brittania-sama.

"Its been a long time since I've seen you. You've grown into a beautiful lady."

Brittania-sama looked away bashfully. "Thank you for your compliment... Richard-sama as well, has become handsome." He smiled in return.

"So how is it here, Brittania-kun?" Guh!! I had hoped he didn't ask. Brittania-sama brought her fingers to her chin and wryly said, "Um... Not the best start...."

"....!!!"

What a splendid lady! Why wasn't *she* the main? Seeing her reserved manner brought tears to my eyes. My hard work has finally paid off somewhat. The previous Brittania Sphene would have vented her anger like a child. This version of her is so much more tolerable! Quietly I dabbed my eyes dry with a handkerchief.

Richard-sam tilted his head, his eyebrows slanting downwards with worry. "Did something happen? If anyone is bothering Brittania-kun, I will deal with them personally." His worried face slid into a cold smile. If those words were said by a normal person, it would sound like supportive words to a friend. But with this guy, it was laced with poison. Once he becomes king, I am sure he will get back at every single person who got on his bad side.

Though I agreed in my heart that the heroine was mean that time, I needed Rosa Spinel to guarantee a safe future. I interjected while pouring tea.

"Your Highness, please do not worry. I will personally see to it that that person's re-educated." I gave a reassuring smile. "Hm. I can trust you on that. Oh, look at the time. Don't you have class soon, Brittania-kun?"

"Eh? Really?" I checked my pocket watch. There was about ten more minutes until first period. Getting to class from here will take five minutes.

"Yes, Brittania-sama. We should get going. There is not much time left. *chillingly smiles!!*"

"Ooohoah! We must hurry! May we meet again soon, Richard-sama!" Brittania-sama went off sprinting. As I was about to follow her, Richard-sama grabbed my wrist.

"Your Highness....?" He had a somewhat odd look. He slowly let go of my hand after realizing something. "It's been years since I've seen you. Please... Call me by my name. You are a very important....friend to me." Richard-sama's face was full of loneliness. I'd never seen him like this before. I knitted my eyebrows a little.

"...Richard-sama, is something bothering you?" He was taken aback, but shrugged it off. "No, there's nothing in particular. I shouldn't keep you here. Hurry over to Brittania-kun's side."

"Of course...Then..." I felt reluctant to leave him there, but I should return to my master's side. I left the garden, running after her.

"....back to your master's side, huh...."

==================================