Chapter 8

I've reincarnated into the evil character, but somehow I've healed them?
Chapter 8
==================================

*sluuuurrp*

I braced myself for piercing pain, but I just felt a wet tongue on my neck. It was like a dog licking your hand, leaving a lot more saliva than you'd thought. Nevertheless, it still sent shivers down my spine. I probably should have expected it from a dog-like creature.

Laurence was an endangered species, that lived off of magical power. They looked like any other human, but on days like these, his animalistic traits are exposed.

"Hah... Mnph... *lick, lick*"

".......Nngh..! Okay, okay, let's stop here before this gets any weirder."

I haven't sucked up anyone's magical powers at all, so I'm probably like a bottle of water to him. Holding him up with his arm over my shoulder, we entered his house.

It's pretty barren... There was a sink and counter, and a couple of cabinets. It was only the size of a cheap apartment room, the bed and kitchen in the same area. In the center was a table, with a single chair.

I laid him down on his bed, and pulled up his comforter to his chin. From his flushed cheeks, I could tell his sudden fever didn't go down after licking me. Wetting a towel, I put it over his forehead.

"I'm going out for a bit, but it won't be long, okay?"

".....okay..."

Closing the door behind me, I looked desperately around for people. Since it was nighttime, there was barely anyone. The heroine usually just channelled the magic power around her and transferred it into him. It would have been much easier to do that, but unfortunately I didn't reincarnate into her.

Spotting someone turn around the corner, I chased after them. It was a girl, somewhere around Brittania-sama's age. The thought passed in my mind, but I quickly grabbed her arm.

"Who the heck!! U-Ugh...?" As she fainted, I caught her in my arms. I'm so sorry to scare a young lady, but it can't be helped. I took as much as I could, without harming her. I wish I found some forty-ish guy instead, so I could just leave him on the street.

Carrying her on my back, I hurried back to Laurence.

-------------------------------------------------------------

*Kachak*

S-She's a lot heavier than she looks.... Or am I getting old? But I'm only twenty-two...!

I set her on the table, and fixed her skirt. I couldn't find anymore blankets, so I covered her with my coat.

Back to Laurence's side, I changed the towel. "Bernald... Who?" I flinched at the question, but I told him to not pay any mind to it. Grasping his hand with my own, I prepared myself. After the heroine fed him, she was totally fine, but when he took from other people, they fainted. I guess I'll experience what the receiving end of my power is like.

"Laurence, I have more magical power. Take as much as you need." With those slightly watery eyes, he shook his head. "I... I don't want to hurt you." I could understand his reluctance. If you took too much of someone's power, you could take away their ability to use magic. Normal citizens have a magical pool inside, but they can't access it.

Laurence didn't take much, since my magical pool was tiny. But now I've filled it with the lady's, so it was much bigger than before. I tightened my grip.

"Eat! Eat, or I won't ever take you out on a date ever again!" After saying that, it seems like it worked. The magical power flowed from me, and into him.