"I ain't say all that now," he shook his head, scrunching up his face.

"You know I'm a three-course meal, stop playing."

"You ight."

"Bet," I nodded, taking my charger from the wall. Exiting my room, I paused, getting the feeling that I'm forgetting something.

Weapons

I have a babydaddy who's messing a few screws somewhere out there, I can't afford to get caught slipping again.

Tucking a few blades in my clothing I continued walking down the hall.

"I'm just playing, baby! You already know you're one of the finest milk chocolate heresy kisses out here," Messiah says all dramatic, making his eyes big. "I miss you so much, babe. I can't wait to see you. I just want to hug you until the end of time."

"Side hug? Because my belly is going to be in the way," I giggled, stopping in front of my baby's room. I saw Eli standing in the middle of the floor, tilting his head and staring at the wall.

"We gon' make it work. I gotta go, call me after class. I wanna know what you learn. I love you, babe," Messiah sighed, puckering at me and making kissing sounds.

"I got you, I love you too," I laughed, doing the same as him. Hanging up, I stepped into the room with Eli.

I looked around the room and noticed the walls were now grey, and Eli had his shirt off. His tattooed body was on full display.

He turned to face me. Once he did, his eyes scanned my outfit and then made their way to my eyes.

"You look beautiful," he complimented me, turning back to the wall. "I have an idea for the walls, but I'll only do it if you allow me to do so."

"I'm fine with it, just don't mess up the floor. I have class in like thirty minutes, so I'm gonna get going. Lock the door on your way out."

I walked away, going to the stairs. I let out a loud sigh when I looked at all the steps that are between me and the living room floor.

"I wish I could just teleport places, walking is for basic bitches," I mumbled, still staring at the steps.

"So what am I, a 'basic bitch'?" Eli asked, putting air quotes on 'basic bitch,' walking past me with his shirt in his hand.

"Nah, more of a classy hoe," I shrugged, waddling downstairs.

"What makes you think I'm a hoe?" he questions, taking his keys out of his pocket and standing by the front door.

I mean, you're a handsome, tatted man. Who wouldn't want you? If I were you, I'd have females lined up, ready to slurp and ride my stuff.

"I didn't mean it literally, Eli," I laugh, gathering all my notebooks, textbooks, and MacBook. Putting them in my book bag, I grabbed my keys and a smaller backpack full of snacks and things I need throughout the day.

He opened the door for me and took my big backpack that I held in my hands.

"Ok, I have to get more paint. I can take you to school if you'd like," Eli says, watching me lock up my apartment, then walking to the parking lot. "What college do you attend?"

I didn't feel like driving, so I took him up on his offer.

"University of California—the one that's like twenty minutes away."

He nods in response, leading me to his car. I went to open the door, but he grabbed my hand, pulling it back.

"Don't ever attempt to open a car door or any door in my presence again. I only let you open your apartment door simply because I don't have a key yet," Eli says, looking deep into my eyes, serious as can be. But me being me, I giggled at his seriousness, nodding.