Love Triangles (Part 1)

Love Triangles (Requested by smileforhemmings)

A/N: baaaabe this took so long, hopefully it's up to your usual dramatic standards ;) ps, 800K reads is just around the corner, can't thank you enough

Ashton/Calum:

You were studying in the library with earphones in your ears, in your own little world of memorising definitions and content before a buzz of your phone shook you out of your thoughts. You sighed and picked it up, reading a message from Calum. You both worked on an English assignment together throughout last week at your place. You thought that would be the end of that little relationship, but this text said otherwise. 'Would you perhaps like to go see a movie with me tonight? :)' it read. You blushed and looked around to see if anyone was watching. Your thumbs danced frantically over the letters trying to figure out the best response. 'Sure!' Was the best thing you could think of. He asked how picking you up at 7PM was, you said 'cool' and then you were rushing to pack up your school stuff and get ready for your date. In the midst of frantically putting away your papers you knocked a large folder onto the floor. Before you could pick it up though, someone was already kneeling on the ground for you. A boy with glasses and adorably curly brown hair picked up your folder and handed it to you. "Hey Y/N," he said quietly. You recognised him to be one of Calum's friends. "Ashton!" You took the folder from him and smiled to the adorably shy boy. "Thank you," you said and he smiled back. You went to walk away but you noticed him open his mouth to speak. You stepped back, "mhm?" You asked and his jaw shut immediately. "Nothing," he mumbled. "No, seriously," you said, leaning on your left leg, indicating you weren't going anywhere until he spoke. "Oh uhm," he looked down at his feet. "Just wanted to ask you if you wanted to hang out?" He asked quietly and you were about to say yes but, "tonight?" You asked and he shrugged, "yeah?" He said it as a question. You gulped, "I'm actually studying tonight," you said and you saw his body slump, "another time then?" He asked and you nodded, shuffling quickly out of the library. You spent the next two hours figuring out an outfit and getting ready for him to pick you up. Your doorbell rang and you composed yourself for a moment before twisting the handle. "Hey there, beautiful," he said with a huge smile. You mirrored his smile and looked him up and down. "You look pretty cute too," you told him and he blushed. "Come on," you followed him out to his car, him opening the door for you. Your nerves about it being an awkward silence washed away quickly, as you both ended up screaming the lyrics to what happened to be both your favourite songs blasting through his speakers. The movie was adorable, he picked out a romantic comedy of course. When you both stood up to leave your seats, he took your hand in his and led you out. "Did you like it?" He asked hopefully and you nodded, trying your best to seem composed even though the contact of his hand was embarrassingly electric. You walked out onto the quiet street and headed for Calum's car as he said, "So perhaps we ca-" "Y/N?" You heard your name being called from behind you. Both you and Calum turned around quickly and saw Ashton walking towards you. Your heart immediately ceased its frenzy of backflips and dropped with a thud to the ground. "Ashton," you croaked out, and he stopped three metres away from you. "Studying?" His throat strained to force it out. "I-It just came out, I didn't mean to lie, I promise," you said quickly. Calum stood behind you, staring guiltily down at his shoes. Ashton shook his head, "Cal? Really?" He asked and your head snapped back to stare at him. "What?" You asked in confusion but Calum was silent. "I trusted you," Ashton added. "You know how I-" he bit his lip and took a step back. "And you go and do this," his voice cracked. You turned back to Ashton, and noticed tears brimming his eyes. "I just can't believe you'd do that," he said, biting his lip to hold back sobs. "Ash," he said quietly, stepping forward towards him. But Ashton quickly wiped his tears and spun around on his feet. "Ashton," he called but he continued walking quickly down the path. Calum reluctantly turned back to you, and you welcomed him with crossed arms and raised eyebrows. He gulped and stepped so he was directly in front of you. "I'll just take you home, yeah? I'm sorry this happened," he shook his head, ashamed in himself.

Luke/Michael:

A/N: Muke though. Also I hope you get the reference to my very first preference in here. Am I really referencing my own prefs what's wrong with me

Your friend Michael had invited you over to his place because.. well.. You'd both be alone in each other's places watching TV all day otherwise. "Here's to socialising!" Michael said cheerfully as he opened the front door. You walked in and kicked your shoes off immediately, only to hear a small 'ow', followed by a 'woah'. You looked up and saw a blonde guy with blue eyes and a lip ring staring up at you in awe. "Oh, hi?" You said and Michael spoke up, "Y/N, Luke, Luke, Y/N," he walked into the kitchen and you sat beside the stranger, who couldn't seem to keep his eyes off you. "Hey," his voice was a little shaky. "Hi," you said with a smile, and you're pretty sure you saw him physically sigh. Michael returned with two glasses of Fanta. "Here," he held out both glasses, but before you gripped yours properly, he let go. Causing it to spill all over your shirt and shorts. "Shit, not again," Michael said and Luke was up in an instant pulling out a dramatic amount of tissues off the table. He ran to you as Michael went to get a supply of his own. "Guys, calm down!" You laughed at the crazy amount of tissues they were throwing at you. "I'll get a towel," Luke said. "I'll get you one of my shirts," Michael added. "Guys!" You shouted and they both quietened down. "I'm fine," you stood up and went to walk upstairs. "I'll have a quick shower and get one of your shirts, yeah?" Your turned to Micael and he nodded. When you finished your shower you put on his favourite shirt, but unfortunately, well, fortunately for them, Michael doesn't keep spare bras in his drawers. You were moments away from taking the first step down the stairs when you heard their hushed voices in what sounded like an argument. And of course curiosity got the better of you. You stood behind the wall and listened in, hearing Luke say, "well you didn't tell me she was freaking hot," he whispered. "Shut up, I told you I liked her, okay? What you're doing is completely against the bro code," "the bro code?" "Yes, the bro code!" You were in a state of complete shock listening to those two. "Well, I think it's too late for you to escape the friend zone," Luke grumbled. Michael scoffed, "how about I ask her out right now then?" He asked. "You'd do that?" Luke asked in shock. "Yeah, as soon as she comes down the stairs. Friend zone my ass." You gulped and debated whether staying at the top of Michael's stairs for eternity would be the best option here.

Part 2 Info:

!VOTING CLOSED!

Ashton: 136
Calum: 22
***
Luke: 110
Michael: 108

ASHTON AND LUKE HAVE WON! PART 2 OUT IN AN HOUR!