Shoulder To Cry On - Imagine For Kay

Ashton Imagine for Hemmings4TheWin

A/N: first imagine woo! (PS: I no longer take requests for personal imagines)

The first person you contacted after the breakup was your best friend, Ashton. The guy you thought you were in love with somehow managed to make your heart feel as if it were ripped out and stomped on, and you needed Ashton more than ever. He, of course, was more disappointed in himself than he'd ever been. Because he knew, he knew since the beginning that this guy wasn't the one for you. But the smile on your face whenever you talked about him... How could he take that away from you?

Though now, as he heard your strained throat and muffled sobs over the phone, he kicked himself for not preventing it. "Ashton, please come over," you whispered, trying to hide the fact you were crying, which Ashton was already fully aware of. "I'm already in my car, Kay," he said soothingly. "Really? You know me too well. See you in a bit, don't talk and drive." You hung up.

Ashton drove just a teeny but over the speed limit to get to your house quicker, and when he arrived he practically jumped out of the car and up to your front door. "Kay?" He called and the door was already opening. Your state made him hurt almost as much as you were hurting. You were wearing a long, grey shirt and blue pyjama pants. Your hair was a total mess and your nose was a bright red, along with your watery eyes. "Oh, Kay," he said and immediately engulfed you in a hug. "Please don't cry. Oh I'm so bad at comforting I'm probably going to make you cry more." He mentally slapped himself for not knowing how to help you. "Thanks for coming, Ash. I didn't really want you seeing me like this," you said quietly. He closed the door behind him and led you to your sofa, sitting you down and wrapping an arm around your shoulder.

"I'm such an idiot, I should have brought chocolate and chick flicks." He shook his head. "I just need your shoulder, Ash." You looked up at him with nothing but pain in your eyes. This was the very pain Ashton was afraid of seeing you in. "He just came over, as I'd prepared dinner. And he told me he never loved me. He just left like that." You tried to get out what happened but Ashton could barely understand through your sobs. "What an ass," he said suddenly. You looked up and cocked your head slightly. "How could anyone do this to you, Kay? How could anyone leave you crying like this? I should have told you earlier. I can't believe I let this happen." He pulled you into his chest and rubbed circles into your back. You pushed away your emotions and tried to focus on Ashton's words. "Told me earlier?" You whispered, holding back the tears for now. "That he wasn't for you. I just didn't want to break your heart. But because I didn't do it, he did." The guilt was driving him crazy.

"There was no way you knew this would happen." You were trying to comfort him now. "But I did." He wiped stray tears from your cheeks and kissed your forehead lightly, "I just love you so freaking much," he said suddenly. You looked up at him from his chest. "I love you too Ash, thank you for bei-" "No, I mean I'm in love with you. And I thought I was being strong for keeping that a secret and letting you be happy with him but it was cowardly. I knew I could treat you so much better Kay, but I was afraid." He said this all too quickly, making your mind dizzy trying to comprehend. You shook your head trying to understand. "You knew from the start that he wasn't for me. But you were too afraid to tell me because I'd be sad. But now you're guilty because I'm even more sad because you didn't do what you were too afraid to do. And you're in love with me?" You asked in complete shock. "You got it," he said simply, still rubbing circles and now fiddling absentmindedly with your fingers. "Say you're in love with me too Kay, and I'll never let you hurt like this again," he said seriously. You froze for a moment, unsure of what you were really feeling.

But it was as if your mind made up in an instant. The way he rushed when he heard you were crying, the comfort he could provide with merely his presence and the undeniable security you felt in his arms... "I'm in love with you too."

A/N: hey guys, so if I get more requests to do imagines I might make this a pref and imagines book. Comment if you think that'd be cool!