•21•

a/n: happy Thanksgiving. im thankful for all of you wonderful children of mine. yeah that's right, yall are now my children, and my children are loved and appreciated, and i make SURE of it 😤💖

•••

You were in the car with your cousin for nearly twenty minutes, which you didn't necessarily mind as you loved riding in cars, watching the scenery you pass by. But you still had no clue as to where your cousin was taking you, as she refused to tell you her plans. Instead, every time you had asked where the two of you were heading, she would turn up the music a notch and start singing. It concluded to you eventually giving up on asking, until you ended pulling up into a really nice park. That's when your curiosity peaked it's level.

"What's so special about a park?" You ask, unbuckling.

"Nothing, but it's fun when you end up surrounded by thirteen idiots." Eunjin replied, with a cheeky smile.

You rolled your eyes while simultaneously groaning. Of course, thirteen idiots. You should've seen that coming from the beginning. With a quick moment of silence, you finally get out of the car with your cousin, and follow her on about a five minute walk into the park. You both reached a spot in the park, where all of the boys were playing around. You had to admit, just a good five seconds of the scene and you felt better.

"Jun, your girlfriend is here!" One of the boys called.

You vaguely remember all of them from when you met, and you're pretty sure the one who was speaking was named Seungcheol. Eunjin smiled and took a seat on a bench, as Jun walked over to her. You looked around for Vernon, to see him sitting on a blanket with who you remember as Jeonghan. You took a moment to just watch the two of them as they talked, before you slowly approached them both. Standing over the two, you hugged yourself and smiled wryly.

"Do you guys mind if I sit?" You ask, shyly.

"Oh, Y/N..." Vernon looked up to you and smiled warmly. "No, we don't mind. We were just talking about some issues."

You nod and sit down in between the two, only a few feet apart from each of them.

"Are you okay there?" Vernon asks, with concern. "You look down. Did something happen?"

"Uh, yeah, kinda..." You mumble, before looking at him. "My dad flew in today, and of course, they bring the news to the table that we're moving back. So I got into an argument, basically saying I wasn't going to leave, and...it was just hectic." You sigh.

"Do you not want to leave?" Jeonghan asks, budding in.

"No, I really don't. I just got here not too long ago, but yet I feel like I'm home. Now I'm being told I have to go back, but what's the point? It's like, I was given a new start, just for it to be crushed."

"So you can't stay then?" Vernon asks, the sound of disappointment echoing in his voice.

"I don't know, to be honest." You reply, with a shrug. "My aunt told me she'd try to convince my mom into letting me stay, but lord knows how well that will go."

There was a brief silence between the three of you; that was until Jeonghan got up.

"I'll talk to you about...y'know what later, Vernon." Jeonghan said, with a small forced smile, before walking away.

Vernon nodded, and looked back at you. "So, if you go back..."

"I don't know what happens if I go back, Vernon... Can we not talk about that now, though?" You ask calmly, and respectfully.

Vernon slowly nodded, followed with an 'alright.' Although he said alright, he followed it up with one more comment before being done with the conversation.

"If you do have to move, you have to talk about it eventually though, okay?"

The 'okay' made his statement sound more like he was worried; as if he needed a sense of reassurance. You sigh and nod in agreement, giving him the reassurance you hope he wanted and needed. And with that, the topic was dropped and another was brought up.

"So, how was school I guess?" Vernon asked awkwardly. "I'm not that great at communicating if you can't tell."

"Very ironic how all of a sudden you're not very good at communicating, but when we first met the only thing you could seem to do was flirt." You retort as a joke.

"Yeah, well, I did that as a joke...sorta." Vernon replied. "I just thought I'd have a little fun, y'know?"

"So you decided to flirt with me?"

"It was either you or your cousin," Vernon says in the slightest defense. "Jun is a good friend of mine, first off, and second off, he scares me. The last thing I would want to do is flirt with his girlfriend. I would end up in my deathbed shortly after."

"What made you think I'd be the best option though?" You ask, quirking an eyebrow.

"Never saw you before, and just assumed you were single." He casually said with a shrug.

"And what if I wasn't? For all you knew, I could've had a boyfriend that could snap you in two."

"But you didn't and you don't, so shut up." Vernon retorted.

Unexpectedly, he grabbed you by your wrist and laid down on the blanket, pulling you down with him. You nearly gasped at the action, but you couldn't help but let out a small fit of laughter afterwards.

"What was that for?" You asked, turning your head to look over at Vernon. Vernon merely shrugged, glancing back at you.

"I just felt like laying down. Is that a problem?"

"No, not at all." You reply.

You laid there for a moment, contemplating. A part of you wanted to scoot closer to him and cuddle, another part of you wanted to get up and go see what everyone else was doing. After your moment of contemplation, you finally decided to get up and go see what everyone else was doing. You got up from your position, only to feel a tug on your sleeve from Vernon.

"What are you doing?" He whined.

"Going to see what everyone else is doing. I'll come back, don't worry."

Another whine, "You can't just leave me like that."

"Watch me," You reply, with a cheeky smile, and try to walk off.

Vernon refused to let go, holding your wrist. You groaned and looked down at the pouting boy.

"Vernon," You pout. "let me go."

To your surprise, Vernon pulled you down to steal a quick kiss. You grinned with a chuckle, finally pulling away from his grip.

"That's not going to keep me over here. Nice try." You respond to the sudden action of his.

Walking away, you left Vernon to pout due to the lack of your attention. You could only smile as you walked away. Being around him for only a short few minutes took all the stress off your shoulders, and you couldn't have it any other way. At least, in the moment you couldn't.

•••
UNEDITED.
OKay hEre yOU GUYS HAVE IT IM WORKING ON THE NEXT CHAPTER RIGHT AWAY DONT MURDER ME IN MY SLEEP