•20•

You stood in the living room in silence. Nothing that was said could convince you to move back. And you mean nothing. You just stared at your parents, in silence, because no words were able to leave your mouth. You thought maybe, just maybe, they would say they were kidding. But nope; it didn't happen. So finally you spoke up. Although you weren't sure how well this would go.

"Do I have to go?" You ask.

To their surprise, both your mom and dad quirked an eyebrow. They obviously hadn't expected you to ask that.

"What do you mean? Don't you want to move back?" Your mom asked.

"At this point, no, not really." You reply honestly. "I feel like I'm doing better here than I was in America, and going back would just be like throwing everything away and going back to the way things used to be."

"Well you can't stay here. You don't have a place, honey." Your dad responded, in a tone with both curiosity and annoyance.

"Well what if I find a place? Or why can't I just stay here? I already have a room for myself in this house." You suggest, but by the looks on your parents faces, they didn't seem to budge.

"I'm pretty sure your aunt doesn't want to take on another young adult in her house at the moment." Your mom sighed.

"Why? I'm not even a burden." You respond in disgust towards your moms attitude. "I keep to myself most of the time, anyway."

"Why do you want to stay in the first place?" Your mom questioned.

"Because I'm better here. I love how when I transfer to a school here, I all of a sudden do better. And I love how I can walk around in the streets, speaking my first language without any weird looks." You respond. "I love it how things here are just so calm, and how I can get up in the morning without worrying about several dysfunctional families screaming their lungs out, when all I want to do is not have my ears bleed at six in the morning."

"Are you sure it's not just that Vernon boy you've been starting to hang out with more?"

"Mom," You pause. "Believe me, he's part of the reason, but by far not the most important reason."

"So a boy is also a reason on you not wanting to move back to a country that offers you everything? A boy, Y/N. One that you may never even end up with or stick with. Are you kidding me right now?" Your mom spat.

"No, I'm not. I'm sorry, but for once I feel happy being somewhere. And I really don't mean offense, but I'm better here in Korea than I am back in America." You retort.

There was a silence just like before. Either your mom and dad would cave in and say okay, or all hell was about to break loose.

"Uh, y'know, Y/N has a point. If she feels like she's better off here, she can stay." Your aunt says in a gentle tone to your mom.

"I want her with me though," Your mom said in the calmest way she could. "She's my daughter. I want her by my side."

"What if she chooses to attend college here though? Then you have no choice but to-"

"She's not going to college here and she's moving back with us. As simple as that."

"Mom, you can't be serious right now!" You practically shout in both anger and frustration.

"Oh, but I am! I'm not going to let you go, so you're coming back home!"

"What are you even talking about? Home is technically here in Korea, mom!" You argue. "Last time I checked, I was born here, and not in America!"

"Listen, I don't think it's right for you two to argue about this right now." You dad intertwined. "If Y/N wants to stay, she can. It's up to her, dear."

"But-"

"We can discuss this later. We have dinner reservations and have to get going, so no more arguing, please?"

Your mom fell silent and nodded. There were no other words said as your mom got up and walked out of the house with your dad. You're glad your father stopped the argument, or else it would've ended up pretty damn bad between you and your mom. As soon as the two had left, your aunt began to speak to you.

"I'll try to talk to your mom about you staying here if you really don't want to leave, Y/N. It's just hard on her to think about you not being by her side all of a sudden." Your aunt says gently, before standing up. "Just give her some time, and I'm sure she'll let you stay."

You nod and mouth a thank you before she walked off into the kitchen. Eunjin rubbed your back gently.

"It'll be fine, Y/N," Eunjin says softly. "Go get changed into something comfortable though. I'm taking you somewhere."

"Where is this somewhere?"

"You'll see when we get there. Now go change and don't stall."

With a sigh you head upstairs to change out of your current outfit, and end up settling into a pair of black joggers and a slightly oversized hoodie. Eunjin did say to change into something comfortable.

You made your way downstairs to meet you cousin on the front porch of the house.

"Can you tell me now where you're taking me?" You ask.

"No can do, Y/N." Eunjin replied with a smile. "I promise you won't die though."

"The fact that you had to imply that scares me,"

"Shut up and let's just go,"

With a roll of your eyes, you got into the car with your cousin. Hell if you knew where you were going, but to be honest, hell if you cared either. All you knew is that your cousin was probably trying to do something nice for you due to what had happened back inside the house, and you had to give her props for that. At least with her around you had somewhat of a sister figure to help you get around and through things.

•••
UNEDITED.
so this is shorter than i anticipated, BUT i felt the need to get an actual chapter out to you guys. so here you go. hopefully, im able to get the next chapter out to you guys way faster than i did with this chapter. no guarantees though