•6•

Shortly after settling in your new seat, people began piling in the class and moments later the bell rang. Everyone was sitting down, chatting with each other. Some people walked pass you and flashed warming and welcoming smiles, others just ignored your new existence, which wasn't a big deal because at least they weren't talking about you.

"Alright, class. Take your seats and I'll take attendance. Then I want to introduce a new student, if you couldn't already tell we have a new face in the class." Mr. Lee said, putting his glasses back on and grabbing the board with what you suppose was the sheet for attendance.

He began calling name after name. Some of them you caught, others you didn't.

"Sofia Chwe?"

You tilted your head hearing that name. Something about the last name sounded...oddly familiar.

"Here," mumbled a girl close to the front.

The girl looked no older than 15. Maybe she was a first year? But what first year is put in a third year class? And why did she look so familiar? Do you know her from somewhere? You're one-hundred percent sure you have never met this girl, let alone saw her anywhere.

"How's your brother doing, Sofia?" Mr. Lee asked in the midst of calling the rest of the names on the list.

"He's been really stressed the past few weeks from what I know. But I can see why... He's been overdoing himself lately." The girl, Sofia replied.

Mr. Lee nodded. "Have you seen him lately?"

"No, he's been in the studio working with the other members."

So she looks familiar, her last name sounds familiar, and she has a brother who's always in the studio? Oh, great. You already saw what was coming.

"Well tell Vernon I said hi next time you see him, would you?"

No surprise now that you think of it. But who knew you'd be stuck in a homeroom with Vernon's younger sister?

"Y/N! Would you please come up here?"

Mr. Lee calling you up to the front of the class startled you out of your thoughts.

"Uhm... Y-yeah," You quickly fixed your dazed expression and got up out of your seat to begin slowly walking up to the front of the class.

"You all know how I am with welcoming new students, especially ones in my homeroom," Mr. Lee began. "So everyone, please welcome Lee Y/N."

You don't know what it was but you did not feel comfortable standing up there at all. Maybe it was because you were standing in front of a bunch of new people? But then again, you've switched school a lot so that wouldn't bother you. So then what was it?

SOFIA -

Sofia sat at her seat as she was staring you down as you stood in front of the class. She noted that you seemed to be lost in your thoughts.

"Psst... Sofia..." the girl sitting next to Sofia whispered, trying to get her attention.

Sofia looked at the girl who had called her. It was her best friend, Mina.

"Are you getting bad vibes off of this girl?" Mina asked, a bit more silent this time. "Or is it just me?"

Sofia nodded slowly. "I don't think she's a bad person... She definitely doesn't seem like it, but something about her seems off." she agreed.

"Sofia, Mina," Mr. Lee sternly called the two names. "Since you guys like to talk to each other so much, how about introducing yourselves to Y/N?"

Mina groaned and Sofia decided to just go with it. She got up and walked up to you with a smile on her face.

"I'm Sofia Chwe, Vernon's, from Seventeen, younger sister. It's nice to meet you, Y/N." She said reaching a hand out to you.

"I believe me. I know who you're related to." You said with a sigh.

What was with the sigh? Sofia thought.

"Do you not like him?" Sofia asked with confusion.

"Not that I don't like him, but...no, I don't."

But he was so sweet and kind. Everyone loved him. So why didn't you?

Y/N -

"What's wrong with my brother?" Sofia asked.

"He's just...extra." you replied. "It's something that I shouldn't talk about here, in front of everyone."

You could see Sofia's anger bubbling up. You didn't mean to make her mad if she is, but she in your defense she did just mention her brother and asked why you don't like him.

Mr. Lee quickly told Sofia to sit back down, and you swear after that, Sofia despised you ever since. You did just call her older brother, the person she more than likely looks up to extra though. So you really couldn't blame her if that's the case.

•••
EDITED.
Sorry for the shorter chapter everyone. But believe me, there's a lot of twists and turns coming. Also, when the next chapter comes out, there will be a question at the end of the chapter that I want you guys to answer. The next chapter should be out shortly, so give it a bit.