•5•

You stood there, glaring at the boy you had wanted to punch so bad. But you couldn't, so he just stood there with a stupid smirk on his face.

The rest of that night turned out to be a complete blur. You remember eating dinner, talking a bit, and then passing out on the couch, but that was pretty much it.

The next morning seemed to come fast for you, as it was the only thing you anticipated. A new day equals a fresh start without a Vernon in it, and also today was your first day at your new school.

As you were getting on your uniform, your cousin was driving herself crazy, looking for an essay she printed out the night before but ended up losing.

Note to self: Eunjin is way more irresponsible than you are.

"Uh... Jinny, do you need help?" You asked.

"No, I don't!" She huffed and looked underneath the desk she printed it at.

"...Are you sure?"

"Very!"

"Uh, why don't you just print out another copy of the essay?"

"Why would I do that?" Eunjin snapped, giving you a glare.

"Because it saves you time?" You respond, trying to reason with her.

Another note to self: don't try to help Eunjin when she aggravates herself.

Eunjin groaned and continued looking for her papers. You sighed to yourself and slung your bag over your shoulder.

"Jinny, hurry up or else you'll be late for school!" Your aunt called to your cousin.

You looked at the time on your phone. Your aunt was right. Eunjin was supposed to drive you both, and the school is about a twenty minute drive from here. School starts in almost forty.

"Yah, just print it out again so we can hurry up!"

Eunjin huffed and finally gave up. She sat down at the computer and opened the essay up, printing it out once more, than quickly putting it into her binder. She then shoved the binder back into her bag and grabbed her car keys.

"Let's go, Y/N..." she said with a hint of annoyance still resting in her voice.

You walked out with Eunjin to her car and got in. Minutes later after you both got yourselves situated, she began pulling off and driving the both of you to school.

It was only about a fifteen minute drive. That is without traffic at least. As your cousin pulled up to the school, you couldn't help but be amazed by how nice the school looked. Quite frankly, the school is way bigger than you expected it would be. You began wondering if it even was a school in the first place, because from what you heard, schools in Korea were just buildings with a few classes and an outdoor gym.

"If I would've known there was a school this big and this nice here in South Korea, I would've moved here years before..."

Eunjin chuckled at your comment as you both got out of the car. On your behalf, you were being honest. This school already beats your old school, whether or not you've seen the inside.

"I'll show you around so you don't have trouble finding your classes and all." Eunjin said and grabbed you by your arm, dragging you around. "This is a private school, if you're wondering by the way. That's why it's so big. And normally, schools here wouldn't function the way a regular school you're used to would, but again. Private school. It works the exact way you're used to."

She started by showing you the court yard, that was once again, way bigger than you'd expect. Then she showed you the inside of the cafeteria, then the outside where most people sat and ate during warmer weather. Then came the classes. Well your classes. Some of them were the same as Eunjin's, others were totally different. Which didn't upset you, because if you had all of the same classes as your cousin, you'd be ripping your hair out.

"And here is your homeroom," she opened the door and showed you in.

A teacher stood in there, organizing papers. You had to be honest, he looked quite young. Some kids were already in the class, talking, but the class wasn't exactly full yet, let alone did you know if it would be full in the first place.

"Mr. Lee, this is my cousin, Y/N. Better yet, the new addition to your homeroom." Eunjin said, speaking to the teacher.

Mr. Lee. Remember that name, Y/N.

"Please tell me you're not as annoying as your cousin there, Y/N?" Mr. Lee asked as he looked at you. He had a soft and welcoming smile on his face.

"Hey, I am not annoying!" Eunjin pouted.

"Ah, that's what you say, Eunjin." Mr. Lee replied, with a shake of his head.

You smiled slightly at the scene and spoke up. "You don't have to worry about me. I'm normally very quiet at school." You replied.

"Well you'll get used to my class really easily. You can ask the rest of your peers, this is their favourite homeroom out of all of their years of being at this school." Mr. Lee said, taking off his glasses and sitting them on his desk. "You can take a seat anywhere. I'll have the class introduce themselves to you and all once I do attendance so you can at least know some students within the school building."

You nod and looked back at Eunjin.

"Good luck with your first day!" She said giddily before running out of your homeroom to catch up with someone.

You chuckled and sat down at a seat near the back, taking out your sketch book.

You haven't even been here for a full hour and you feel so welcomed. A feeling you enjoyed, and a feeling that you hope will last...

•••

EDITED.
Here's the new chapter, lovely human beings. I finally got myself together, but then a bunch of shit happened in my household. This chapter was supposed to come out yesterday evening, but that changed when some shit went down. Anywho, hope you guys are having a good day/night!
Fighting~