CVII- Best They Not Know

The night after the first Task and the wild Gryffindor party, Diana had crashed, hard. She was still at Hogwarts, where she was technically suspended from. Luckily, it was the weekend, and she had plenty of time before anyone would really notice. She'd woken up just after three after having crashed at about four in the morning, somehow still a bit tipsy. She knew it was wrong to drink with the older students, but due to both recent circumstances and her rather unique genetics, being underage was the least of her worries. Diana hadn't been too comfortable sleeping on the chair, since she'd passed out in the outfit that she'd been wearing last night after the first Task, jeans and a tank top. She bad slept in the Gryffindor common room, on a chair in the corner. She was hoping no one in her respective House had reported her absence to anyone of importance. Diana groaned in pain, standing after having slept in an extremely uncomfortable position, and shamelessly and slightly drunkenly stumbled into the luckily empty boys' dormitory, rummaging through her brother's luggage, searching for his toothbrush. Even at fourteen years old, she still took pleasure in harassing her brother by disgusting him in such a violating way.

****

After a few minutes of doing her best to get ready, she tied up her hair, somewhat cleaner but still in the exact same outfit. Fuck it, Diana thought with an exasperated sigh. Might as well take a shower while I'm here. She made her way out of the dorms, with her newly earned golden egg, fairly careful not to be seen, headed to the Slytherin dorms, where she was more likely to be welcome and less likely to be seen looking so sloppy. Of course, she wasn't completely careful. With her luck, she of course had to bump into none other than Cedric Diggory.
"Oh! Sorry," Cedric gasped with a soft laugh, having almost tripped as he bumped into Diana, who had been peeking around the corner to see if anyone was coming.

Clearly there was.
  "Don't worry about it," she said hurriedly, attempting to rush away before he could recognize her.
  "Wait," he said aloud, staring at her.

She had already turned away, and sighed worriedly as she turned back around.
  "Diana Black; other Hogwarts champion. Hi there."
  "Hello," Diana nodded awkwardly, hoping for the conversation to end.
  "I watched your Task last night," he told her.
  Diana nodded, both anxious as well as unmoved by the superficial pleasantry. "Everyone did... That's kind of the point of doing it on the field and selling tickets."
  Cedric smiled at the sarcastic quip, not sensing the urgency and haste to leave in her tone. "Impressive stuff; second place."
  "Thanks. You were pretty good too," Diana nodded casually.
Diggory nodded. "Say. Have you figured that out yet?" he asked, gesturing with a smile toward the egg.
  "No, I haven't. Haven't had the chance, obviously," she explained reluctantly. 
  "Ah, right.... some party that was last night," Cedric grinned. "Who knew the famous Diana Black could dance so well, and.... provocatively?"

He smiled, stepping closer to her than she would have liked, leaning down slightly in order for his mouth to line up beside her ear. This gave Diana a completely unwarranted flashback to last night's antics and shenanigans. There were not enough curse words in the world for Diana to utter in her brain at that point in time.
  "Just a hint; I'd try taking it into the bath with you. You're welcome to use the prefects' bathroom if you'd like; I've got the password, of course. Matter of fact, I'm headed there now. I could join you if you like," Cedric Diggory offered in a low, almost husky tone.

Diana stared at him, confused, stepping away a bit as she frowned.
  "Don't you have a girlfriend?"
  "Didn't seem to be much of a problem last night. Besides, who said anything about girlfriends? It's not like people in relationships can't have friends," he smirked. "I'm a gentleman, and I know the rule; no touching, looking, and admiring, however, is perfectly moral."