LXIV- Hidden

Diana Black and Fred Weasley roamed the underground club and casino, hungry for wealth

Diana Black and Fred Weasley roamed the underground club and casino, hungry for wealth. But this wasn't any ordinary casino; it was a prestigious and cutthroat establishment called The Summit. It was a place where anyone, rich or poor, could become a rich and successful mob boss or entrepreneur. The club was owned by a board of older, well, rich people, who allow the most ambitious outcasts and criminals permitted entry to the secret club to compete for money,power,control, and death. Along with the daily competitions, there were also very interesting illegal auctions that sold just about everything; expensive cars, jewelry,property,artifacts, and even people. Diana and Fred were doing fairly well. Their combined wits, and not to mention, magic, definitely catapulted their place on the Top 25 rank of the club, which was judged by amount of money won and number of people outsmarted; together, they currently occupied Slot 6, Slot 1 being the most prestigious of achievements. Everyone wanted to be on Slot 1, but at the same time, no one really did. Anyone on Slot 1 was awarded with many pieces of property,money, and much more, but there was one caveat; you had to last for longer than two weeks to qualify. Most Slot 1 people were gunned down or assassinated in some way within the first four days. And everyone was after that spot, so the odds of evading every single one of them was more than improbable. When the two of them had arrived in Las Vegas, Fred was wary of doing business with mob bosses and corrupt politicians, but Diana had easily tapped into her time as Killer Frost in the casino with Luke Castellan years ago. The crimes didn't seem to bother her at all, and eventually, Fred didn't care either. Currently, Fred and Diana were playing a very tense game of poker. Since they had enlisted in the club together, they had to do everything as a pair, even share a hand in poker. House  rules. The others at the table in one of the club's private rooms reserved for Spot members was currently looking to Diana and Fred for their move.
  "We're all in," she said calmly.

By then, the other pair, Ty and Chris Collins, was spoken for. It was now time to reveal the cards. Diana and Fred had lower cards, threes,sixes, and only one eight. Both grinned, and Diana leaned forward with a vindictive greed.
  "Pay up."
  Chris Collins glared at Fred, and not very subtly. "You and your girlfriend there definitely played dirty."
   Fred stifled a laugh.
  Diana only chuckled. "First of all, I'm the boss of our operation. Second of all, it's not cheating, we just outsmarted you, and as an adult, who is obviously willing to play with fire here, you should learn to accept that. And finally," Diana glared viciously, gripping his hand on the table with her strong left hand,"I'm his wife."

And with that, his hand froze, and Chris Collins began shouting helplessly in agony as Diana Black's ice cold ring and ice powers sunk painfully into his skin, numbing his hand altogether

And with that, his hand froze, and Chris Collins began shouting helplessly in agony as Diana Black's ice cold ring and ice powers sunk painfully into his skin, numbing his hand altogether. Ty Collins merely watched, in fear, as Diana began digging her sharp fingernails in. Eventually, bored, she and Fred stood. Collecting the money in the middle of the table.
  "Well, we'll see you around," Fred chuckled.
  Diana nodded. "Your brother might have just a touch of frostbite there. You might want to get that checked out."

And with that, the two were gone. They watched in satisfaction as their aliases, Natasha and Michael Russo, moved up to Slot 5 on the board, and the Collins' were bumped down from Slot 4 to Slot 7. Diana and Fred were so close to being the champions. Once they were at Slot 1, there would be nothing to worry about. With their magic, they would be more than safe. But unfortunately, the same thing could not be as confidently said for the other unlucky competitors of Slot 1.
"Oi! August Fletcher!" Fred called as he and Diana approached the man intimidatingly back in the alleyway above the club.
"Oh, it's you two. The wannabe Bonnie and Clyde," he rolled his eyes.
"You know," Diana smirked,"if I were any one of these other heathens, I'd be offended that you had just called me a 'wannabe'. But the truth is.... if I....'wanna be' something.... then I am," she grinned stepping in closer. "If I wanna do something, then I do it. If I wanna get something, then I get it. And right now.... I really want that Slot 1 spot for my husband and I," Diana Black hissed, dead close to August Fletcher.

Before anyone else saw it coming, Diana, or more accurately, a contained Killer Frost, kissed him, as ice spread throughout his body. Before the frightened and bewildered Fletcher had even had the slightest chance to react, a cold and sharp icicle was, practically, plunged brutally and mercilessly into his back.
"Oh, and uh, once you get to the Fields of Punishment, or hell.... tell Pluto, the Devil, that I, we, will be sending plenty more his way."

****
Draco Malfoy was in no way at all taking the disappearance of Diana Black and Fred Weasley very well at all. He did not, at all, like the idea of his best friend Diana being hidden from him. Not even by her own choice.