LXXX- The New Development

The next morning was a Saturday morning, and it was breakfast time

The next morning was a Saturday morning, and it was breakfast time. The Great Hall was relatively quiet, for a room with over a thousand young students in it. Diana Black did not enjoy her seat at the staff table as much as she thought that she would; she missed being with her friends. She couldn't even be with Luke; he was hardly welcome on school campus. Diana's discomfort had already increased, even before this morning's newspaper was delivered. She picked it up and read it, thankful to have an excuse not to speak to anyone. But as soon as she even read the first few words on the first page, she dropped the paper immediately. It was news of Sirius Black, Diana's long lost notorious serial killer father. There had been a new development; he had been sighted in a town not far from Hogwarts. Diana couldn't handle it anymore. She grabbed her jacket and rushed out of the Great Hall. She headed out through the back, near Hagrid's hut. She walked off further away from the castle, more into the forest, until she found her old hiding spot. It was a while before anyone had come out to find her. When they did, the first person to come and find her was, surprisingly, Hagrid.
  "'Ello, Diana," he greeted slowly.
  She nodded slowly. "Hi Hagrid."
  "I 'eard what they all were saying about ye father," he explained. "You alrigh'?"
  Diana shook her head. "I don't know. Not particularly."
  "Well.... I get it, I really do. If it helps.... I knew 'im," he told her. "He was really a more than decent friend at times. I jus' never though' he could kill that man," Hagrid sighed sadly.
  "No one ever does, in these situations, I mean," Diana explained, sensing Hagrid's confusion.
  "No," he realized, agreeing. "No, I reckon they don't. It's the best liars that know how to convince people, eh?"

He shook his head, pulling out a flask.
  "To.... falling for a liars' tricks, eh? How 'bout it?" he sipped, then passing the flask to Diana.
  She raised an eyebrow, resisting a smile.
  "Oh, come on. It's like sharing a flask with a coworker," he pointed out.

Diana chuckled, shrugging it off and taking a hearty swig.
  "To falling for a liar's trick."

****

Later in the day, Diana finally found Luke. He was in one of the greenhouses, where he had found some wizards' highs, which had originally been used for studies.
  "Luke," Diana laughed,"They're going to notice that those are gone! Look you, you're high as sh*t!"
  Luke rolled his eyes, putting the herbs and lighter down. "Am not!"
  Diana raised an eyebrow. "You don't talk like that."
  "Oh, shushy!" Luke exclaimed, stumbling toward the door.
  Diana laughed even harder. "Come on, Willie Nelson, let's get you far, far away from people," she decided, leading him away from the castle.
  "Let's get drunk!" Luke suggested.
  Diana Black smiled. "I could actually get behind that idea. Come on, let's go to the Three Broomsticks. Luckily, I can go wherever I want during weekends. Let's go, I'll go check out."

****

  "Where are we going again?" Luke asked, having calmed down a bit in the past fifteen minutes.
  "The Three Broomsticks," Diana reminded him.
  "Oh. How come.... how come a 'broomstick' is called a 'broomstick' if they're made of multiple sticks?" he asked.
  "Okay, you're still high as sh*t. That's great. Should produce interesting results when mixed with a few drinks or so," she shrugged. "Wait, what did you use?"
  Luke shrugged, looking completely out of it. "I don't f**king know."