LXXIX- The Sub, The Superstar

One Week Later

Slytherins and Gryffindors all distracted by the new developments in the notorious convicted murderer Sirius Black's "tour of Europe" all piled into the dungeons, expecting to see the likes of the darkly dressed and sometimes even foul Severus Snape.
"Good morning. I'm Professor Black, I'll be Professor Snape's substitute for the next three weeks. If you'll please, turn to page 493," a shockingly familiar voice said as if there was no doubt about her place in front of the classroom.

There wasn't a single soul in the room who didn't recognize the very young woman speaking. The shockingly successful and soon to be Hogwarts graduate, Diana Black, who had just returned, and to much good news. She then turned around to face the class, and for many including Draco Malfoy, it was like stumbling right into a spectacularly unreal and odd dream.

She smiled humorously at all of their surprised expressions and gasps

"Well? What are you waiting for? Let's get started."
  "Yes, Professor Black."

Draco Malfoy could not believe his eyes, much like everyone else in the class. He was seeing Diana Black again, not merely between classes and in the common room, not in the Daily Prophet, and not in any Muggle images. She was truly there, in the flesh and blood, able to speak and to be spoken to. Not fighting some viscous and lengthy battle to save the entire school and Wizarding world, not running off and in love with someone else, and not a prisoner in her own body and mind. He realized that even after all that she had been through for the past few years, she was still exactly the same, outwardly, at least. And she could be happy now. She had everything she had ever wished for. Draco found himself not concentrating on the lesson at all, throughout nearly the entire thing. He only saw Diana; the rest was a colorless and meaningless insignificant blur of facts and words. The notes, the supplies, the equipment, the classroom, and everything else. She still wrote delicately and carefully with her left hand, flourishing the chalk or pen effortlessly as she wrote. Her writing was almost always poetic and complex. The girl could make a grocery list seem riveting and beautiful. She still turned and pivoted her body with such grace and poise. She still spoke in a smooth yet firm and projected voice. She still sat on the very edge of her chair, as if she were to be urgently called away at any moment in time. Her pale blonde hair still spilled softly over her shoulders, much like spilt milk, as she turned around time and time again, and bounced like foamy waves crashing against an ocean shore. Her eyes still shone with a consuming burden as well as determination for a better, successful life. Her hands still held everything with dominance and control, as if it were her weapon that she brandished, but even then caressed and gently handled everything as if it were a sewing needle. Diana Black was quite the spectacle. Every single thing that she did seemed to hold strength, courage, intelligence, kindness and beauty. Knowing of her and being able to see her personally were two completely different things to Draco. Seeing her was fascinating, especially for the first time. It was like getting a glimpse of a walking daydream. To see her was to be fascinated by someone who couldn't only be described in a few words. Draco abruptly shook himself out of his trance. He needed to focus on his schoolwork for just a little while more. Not much classwork was required to be done today. Today was to be a happy day of celebration at Hogwarts; it was the day of the official ceremony of Diana Black's Promotion. They tended to make a very large deal of things such as this, seeing as they were very important and very rare events. The last Promotion at Hogwarts had happened over forty years ago. This one was only the seventh in all of he school's history of existing for thousands of years. Of course, their had been promotions and advances in year, but almost never a skipping of multiple years, or even a graduation. It was made into an even bigger deal since it was the seventh one; the magical number of luck and strength, of course. Diana hadn't necessarily seen this as such as big deal, requiring an entire cleared day, but her family had of course convinced her that she deserved to celebrate everything, and that everyone else deserved a random day off from school and work. Diana had also been told the the Minister for Magic himself would also be coming down along with other Ministry employees, not only to celebrate and congratulate Diana for her Promotion, but also to award her with her Medal of Chivalry along with it. It was definitely a huge day for Diana Black. After her two shortened classes for the day, she had rushed to the Slytherin dormitory, where she was still somehow allowed to stay, in order to prepare for the elegant celebration along with everyone else. It was for some reason a huge deal. The Great Hall had been completely closed off since breakfast and would be until the Ceremony, and all families of students had been notified a week in advance that all students would need a set of dress robes. There was a ball happening afterward as well, for everyone. Diana decided to take her time getting ready, in order to relish her happiness and to make sure that everything was perfect, including her speech for the night. She looked in the mirror at herself, for once only living what she saw. She looked beautiful.