CHAPTER 71: He hates it

Start from the beginning

I could feel Papyrus's head nodding slowly, and a small exhale of relief from Frisk. He was going to put us down and we could rush over to Chara.

Since when did she get so good at lying? I sure didn't teach her that.

"WELL," Papyrus started, "I DONT NEED THAT PASTA SINCE I HAVE THE SPECIAL ONE I AM PREPARING TONIGHT!" He said, stopping at our apartment door.

My heart sunk. I really had though that we got him. I looked over at Frisk, who's smug face had dropped to disappointment almost instantly.

I'm sorry to do this to you, Bro. But you've left me no choice.

I guess I should be apologizing to myself, actually.

"Hey Papyrus, can ya put me down?" I said, looking up to him with a casual face. I tired not to look at Frisk, or my cover would be blown. He would know somethings up.

"SURE THING, BROTHER! I NEED TO FIND THE KEYS ANYWAYS!" He laughed, back in his cheery attitude like he was before. He put me down, going through the bag of groceries inside the paper bag. "I KNOW THEY'RE HERE SOMEWHERE." He tried to mumble, unable to die to his energetic voice.

I silently slipped the stolen keys into my pocket, not making any noise from the multiple rings along it. I backed towards frisk, tapping her shoulder twice, which papyrus had let go of as well.

If we run we won't make it. He's much faster than me, and has more stamina.
There's only one other way.

I turned to her, nodding once, as if she knew what I was about to do. To be honest, I didn't know what I was about to do until I nodded for her, making up my mind and soul to do this.

For the safety of the Mafia.

Taking her hand, I started running down the hall, feeling her stumble at my pull slightly, missing a few steps before she got into step with me.

"Sans?! What are you-??" She tried to yell as we bolted for the elevator.

"SANS! FRISK! WAIT FOR ME!" Papyrus said, dropping the bag on the floor and running after us, gaining speed rapidly. "ARE WE PLAYING TAG?! I CAN DEFINITELY GET YOU THEN!" He bragged, accelerating faster and faster, stomping down the hallway.

Sorry Papyrus.

Running down the hall, just before he could grab Frisk's flailing arm, I thought of the cells. Section A, in my head, I pictured it and thought about the specific place I needed to go.

And in the blink of an eye, we were there. Outside the doors of section A.

I-I did it! I did it—

My eye was glowing a light blue, the color of my soul trait and magic. Frisk was frozen in place, and I immediately grabbed my chest in pain.

"Wow i forgot how that felt." Frisk exclaimed, joking a bit. I heaved and held onto the wall for support, beginning to sweat as the pain in my soul became more prominent. "Hey?! Whoa! Are you okay?" She asked, walking over to me.

You're fine. I'm okay.
It's just this stupid magic. This stupid, messed up, magic.

"I'm..." I took an inhale, straightening my back, despite the pain inside. "I'm okay. Let's look for Chara." I said, praying to Asgore that she'd be there.

I'll need to check my stats after I check Chara's stats. I need to see if she really can steal Frisk's LV.

"Okay." She said after a moment of hesitation.

Filing in after her, I we passed the first few cells, including the first few maximum security cells where she would be held.

At least it's not chaotic. That's a plus on our part.

Walking to the cell that we were holding her in, my breathing hitched, putting my hands on the one way glass of the cell with my eyes widening.
How?! How did she know?!

With the lock on the outside of the cell secured tightly, it had been as if no one had been in there at all. A blank, empty room.

How did she fucking do it?!

"Where is she?" Frisk said, looking over at me with a worried glance.

How can she know more secrets than I could answer?! Why did it bother me so much?!
I HATED HOW SHE COULD MESS WITH ME LIKE THIS.

"I don't know.." I said. Obviously I'm thought and frustrated with these actions.

I hate her.
I hated her ways.
I ... I need to calm down.

I'll find her.

And she'll hate it too.

Actually.
I won't do a thing.

Doing that will get more people hurt. Alarming people isn't what I need to do.

I need to issue a man-hunt for this... demon.

I hated it.