one

"Lolo," Camila loudly whispers as she leans close to Lauren's ear. "Psst! Lolo, wake up!"

Lauren rolls away, getting comfortable in her blankets again. Camila lets out a quiet whine as she says something that sounds a lot like, "Stupid Lolo." With the blanket over her head and Nala stuffie still tucked in her arms, Lauren stays as still as possible in hopes of Camila leaving her to sleep a bit longer.

Camila, though, has different plans. The small girl has been up for the last two hours so she feels she already did her part by not disturbing her roommate sooner. Plus, as Camila slowly lifts the comforter, then her hands shoot to Lauren's sides, tickling her. Camila keeps tickling her roommate until she's fully 'awake.'

"Lolo!" Camila cheers when Lauren finally opens her eyes, immediately leaning in and pecking the older girl with kisses on her cheek. "Can you make banana pancakes? Please!?" She pulls her puppy eyes as best as she can, to try to convince her roommate to cook for her.

Rather than answer Camila's question, Lauren reaches up and pulls the girl down to lie with her. Camila squeals in surprise as Lauren tugs the blanket over their bodies, pulling the small girl in to spoon. With her Nala still in her arms, Lauren nuzzles into her stuffie, hiding her face in the stuffed animal.

"Lolo, it's morning time!" Camila whines. "I want 'nana 'ancakes so p'ease wake up!"

Sighing, Lauren loosens her arms around Camila, allowing the girl to shoot up with a victory giggle. Camila's smile immediately disappears, noticing that her roommate isn't sharing the same happy energy this morning.

"It's gonna be okay, Lolo. I promise that this won't be the end of the world." Camila wraps her arms around Lauren's torso, climbing on her lap and laying her bedhead in the crook of Lauren's neck. Lauren shudders slightly at Camila's warm breath on her shoulder and neck. "I love you, Lolo."

"I love you too, Camzi. Thank you for the hug," Lauren sighs, squeezing her arms around Camila. "Let's get the day going, I guess."

"No!" Camila cries as she knocks the older girl on her back. "Lolo now we have to cuddle!"

"Didn't you just want banana pancakes?" Lauren asks, it's not like Camila to forget about her food, especially banana pancakes.

"Oh yeah!" Camila pops up, straddling Lauren's torso. "Let's make banana pancakes!"

Contemplating whether or not she wants to go through the process of cooking, which will then require cleaning the kitchen, then eating, and then that requires cleaning once more, Lauren easily decides she is not up for the task today. However, the girl remembers that their favorite breakfast place is serving banana pancakes for the next hour or so, after which specialty breakfast orders end. 'Now, that sounds like an excellent idea!' Lauren thinks to herself.

"Hey Camz, what if we go to Winnie's instead? I bet if we hurry up we could get there before they stop serving banana pancakes!"

"Yes! Million times yes!" Camila agrees as she jumps up, clapping twice before running off to her own room.

The two-bedroom apartment the girls share is small, but it's perfect for the two of them. Each girl has their own room, though, for the most part, the pair share a bed at night. Camila loves to cuddle up to Lauren, and though the tough girl won't admit it, she loves it when they spoon. Usually, Camila will ask to sleep with Laur, in Lauren's bedroom, or the pair sleep together on their pullout in the living room. Camila doesn't like to sleep by herself, so when she does, it's a rare occasion and she usually climbs into Lauren's bed at some point in the night. Last night was the first, in months, that she had been able to sleep through the night alone.