eight

Camila wakes with a jump, feeling like she's falling. The Cuban has never been one for sleeping in, but the living room is still dark and her friends are sleeping. As she lays on the pull out Camila gets lost in her train of thoughts, contemplating the plan of the day to herself. The creaking of the building shifting breaks the girl out of her thoughts.

Lauren whines in her sleep, scooting closer to Miss Demi in her slumber. The older woman sleeps soundly, her breathing even. Miss Demi was likely having the most comfortable sleep of her week seeing as her dominant doesn't allow her to sleep on his bed. Camila slowly and carerfully crawls out of the blanket nest, pushing her blanket to cover her friends before she ducks into the hallway. The small Cuban shuffles to the bathroom, closing the door behind her as quietly as possible.

In the bathroom Camila is quick to find a clean towel and hop in the shower. When she can't sleep she likes to take a warm shower. On occasion Camila has fallen back asleep after "waking up before the sun," as Lauren would say, but those occasions are rare. The warm water runs down Camila's back, soaking her hair and warming her body. As she savors the warmth the tension in her body melts.

After her shower Camila gets dressed in her bedroom. She slips on a pink pair of loose shorts over her pull-up and a gray crewneck. Next Camila digs her fuzzy socks out of the duffel bag she had packed the night before. Dressed, Camila goes back to the bathroom to start packing up the toiletries. As she's packing her soaps away her thoughts pull her to focus on the upcoming events.

Finding a dominant after helping a submissive leave their own dominant doesn't look good on paper. To be caught helping a submissive leave their dominant is social suicide for littles and submissives. If Wilmer were to find out their plans they would all be in deep trouble. Camila and Lauren would both be at risk to be placed in training programs, and Demi would be stuck with Wilmer again. Or worse, Wilmer would use this to prove Lauren needed further training and a judge just might grant him full custody of the girl.

Before she starts to spiral in her thoughts, Camila takes a step away from the task at hand. Taking shaky breaths, the girl wills herself to suck it up. Her fears in this situation are minimal in comparison to Lauren and Demi, but somehow that scares her even more. How are her two bravest friends in this situation?

"Camila?" Demi calls softly as she knocks on the door. "Are you okay, Sweetie?"

"All good," Camila feigns a smile before she pulls open the bathroom door, allowing Demi to enter the room before she closes the door again. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

"It's okay, I woke up on my own. I saw you weren't in bed so I came to check on you."

"I woke up and just couldn't stay in bed, sorry-- I showered and was packing the toiletries."

"Did you brush your teeth yet?" Demi asks in a loving tone, giving the girl a soft smile.

"Not yet, Miss Demi," Camila shakes her head, looking back at the half-packes toiletries.

"It's okay to be scared, okay?" Miss Demi identifies the look in the little one. "This is a big thing, and I want you to understand that if you would prefer to stay both Lauren and I would both be okay with it, okay?"

"No, Miss Demi, I'm sorry-- I was just trying to get out of my head, I could never let you two leave alone."

"Sweetie, I know that it's a big thing to help us," Demi says softly as she pulls Camila into a hug, "and we all know what could happen if we get caught, let's not be naive."

"I'm not going to let you do this without me, but I'm still nervous for the situation, ya know?" Camila admits softly. "It's more scary 'cause usually you and Lauren are the brave ones."