Chapter Four*

-Chapter Four-

Of course Niall picked scary movies. I didn't normally get scared by them. I was fine for the first two, but the third scared me so much. I'd jump or freak out and bury myself in Niall's shirt. He smelled really good actually. But when that popped in my head, all I could think was,'Where did that come from? Niall is your best friend!'

"You okay, Abs? You want me to turn it off?" 

"No, it's okay. I'll just suck it up." 

"Abs, you're shaking." 

"It's fine, Nialler. I'm fine." 

"No you're not. Come here." He said as he pulled me back into his chest and put his arm around my shoulder.  

"Thanks. Now play the movie, leprechaun." 

"Hey! You're Irish too!" 

"Yeah, but girls aren't leprechauns." 

"Whatever, pipsqueak." He replied, laughing. He knew I hated that name. Just because I was 4 inches shorter than him made him think he could call me pipsqueak.  

For the rest of the movie I was buried in Niall's shirt. I was so scared, but finally it was over. Since it was nearly 2am I decided to go to bed.  

"Night, Nialler!" I yelled to him as he picked up the last bits of food.  

"Night, Abs!" He yelled back.  

As soon as I got to my room in Niall's house, I looked out the window and saw the play set in the backyard of my house that I used to play on with Chris. All those memories were too much. I just collapsed to the floor in a ball crying quietly. Niall walked by to go to his room which was next to mine. And because my door wasn't closed he saw me. He walked by at first not realizing the situation, but a second later he ran back into my room.  

"What's wrong, Abs?" 

"The swings. It reminded me of Chris. It was too much. I miss him, Nialler. He was my only family. I have no aunts, no uncles. My parents were both only children and my grandparents died before I was born! I have no one left!" I said before crying again.  

"Abs, you have me, my mum, and our family. You're like a daughter to my mum. I know it's not the same, but we're here for you." He said as I pulled him into a hug.  

"I don't know what I'd do without you, Nialler. I love you." 

"I love you too, Abs. Do you want to sleep in my room?" 

I didn't feel like actually talking so I just nodded and Niall carried me into his bed.  

"Night, Niall. Thank you so much." 

"Night, Abs. You don't need to thank me. I'd do anything for my best friend."  

That night I slept the best I had since my parents died. I loved having my best friend there with me.