12

Liam's hand glides down the crease of my swollen stomach as he stares at it with so much love. He looks up at me and grins. "They're going to be beautiful like you," he lovingly tells me before placing a kiss on my stomach. Suddenly, yet carefully, Liam props himself up on our bed and crawls until he's right above my face. "I can't wait till they're here. I'll love them just as much as I love you," he coos before bending down and kissing me with so much love.

His kiss moves towards my neck as he places small kisses all over. "I can't wait till you are mine, Vanessa." He meets my eyes again and I scrunch my eyebrows together. But I'm already yours I want to tell him. "Vanessa," I hear him say, but this time he sounds more distant. "Vanessa," he says again and my surroundings turn black as I start to wake up. "Vanessa," Thomas says as he lightly shakes me. I take a breath and yawn as I stretch.

"Yes?" I question through a yawn. "How long have you been asleep? It was hard enough waking you up." Thomas says and I rub my eyes. "I'm not sure. What time is it?" He looks down at his watch and shakes his head in disappointment. "If you slept from the time I left you here, then I'd say roughly 10 hours." My eyes bulge out of my sockets at his words and I shake my head in disagreement. "Yes. 10 hours. We came back here roughly at 11 a.m."

"Brilliant. Just brilliant," I say in displeasure and get up from the sofa. The anger from earlier this morning, but mainly the sadness, flow through me. "I'm guessing you want me to make you some food," Thomas says and I nod my head at him. "Yes please," I inform him and he nods his head while pulling out his mobile. He dials down a number and speaks into it within a few seconds. "Alright mate. Can I get two half pepperoni and cheese pizzas?... Yeah, delivery... Alright. Thanks mate!"

While Thomas hangs up his phone, I feel tears threatening to spill, and he looks me in the eye. "The pizza will be ready soon." I sigh heavily and shakily as I cross the distance between us. Upon reaching him, I toss my arms around his frame which he, in turn, does the same. I feel the tears cascading down my face and I burrow my face further into his chest. He squeezes me against him and rests his chin atop my head. "What on earth happened to you, Van?"

"Why did I have to lose myself to him?" I ask myself more than Thomas. "I don't know love, but it hurts me seeing my sister in such pain." He rubs my back and I can't help, but feel an emptiness shine from within. I pull away from him and sit back down on the sofa. I curl my feet up against my body and Thomas sits in front of me. I wipe the tear that falls down my eye before speaking. "I don't want to tell you the truth, but it's killing me not being able to talk to someone about this," I say knowing how badly I'm hurting my non-brother right now, but I must tell him the truth.

He scrunches up his face and I continue. "Promise me you won't get mad at me." "Van, you know I always get upset if it's something serious or about you, but I'll try," he reminds me and I nod. "But before you start talking, change your clothes. You're wearing the wrong clothes for this conversation." I nod my head at him and head to my bedroom.

When I enter my bedroom, I strip out of all my clothes and grab the first pyjamas I see. I notice that my breast are slightly swollen from their usual size. When I try to put on my favourite long sleeved white pyjama top, I realise how tender they feel to the touch of the fabric. Ignoring the discomfort it brings me, I put on my blue stripped bottoms. I take my hair out of its bun and shake it out. I put a band on my wrist and head back downstairs to Thomas.

I'll never forget the day he and his parents saved me and took me in as their own. I wonder what, who, and where I'd be had it not been for them. Had it not been for them, I would've never finished uni nor gotten such a well paying job for my accreditation. I mean, sure, I have my Bachelor's degree, but I was only 2 years away from my Master's when my parents decided to cut me off.

It's been 4 years since that dark time in my life. Now, I'm currently 26 and about to turn 27. As I walk down the stairs to meet Thomas in the sitting room, I'm reminded that his family and he truly were my saving grace. Another tear slips my eye, but instead of feeling bitter, I feel overwhelmed with the love I never felt before from my own family.

When I reach the bottom of the stairs, Thomas stands from the sofa and looks at me with worry. "Van. Should we call Mik?" I shake my head at him with a small chuckle. "You can call Mykayla, but right now, I'm crying with tears of joy thinking about all that your family has done for me." Thomas smiles up at me and opens his arms. I walk into his arms and hug him back. "It's a good thing you want her to come here, because I may have called her while you went to change."

I chuckle into his chest and pull away. "You're the best non-brother, brother a girl could ask for," I tell him as I gleam up. "I know, I even made sure I got more ice cream before coming back home," he tells me as a huge smirk appears on his face. "Indeed Thomas. Indeed." A knock at the door makes me turn my attention away from him, as I wonder how the pizza could've gotten here so quickly.

Thomas opens the door to reveal a rather cheery Mikayla. "How's she doing?" she asks Thomas after a quick hug, not noticing me in the room. "I'm fine. Really." I tell her and they both look at me with their eyebrows scrunched up. They turn to face each other and Mikayla says, "She's worse than I thought. We're going to need that ice cream now." Thomas nods in agreement and turns to get our ice cream.

As Mik walks to me, I notice how comfortable she looks. She's wearing pyjamas similar to mine but carries a bag in her arm. She catches me staring at it, and says, "You don't honestly expect to show up to work as this do you?" I shake my head at her and give her a hug. "I'm guessing this has something to do with Liam doesn't it?" she asks me worryingly and I nod my head as I bite my lip.

"Come on dear. We're going to need to sit down for this one." She tells me as she guides me to the sofa and sits me down. She sits before me on the floor and grabs my hands. "Talk to me. I'm a mother, so that'll be good training for when my daughter has these conversations with me." "Woah! Don't start the heavy chat without me." Thomas says as he scurries towards us. I notice he's changed into his own pyjamas as he hands us pints of ice cream.

"What? I needed to change as well Van." he scolds at me in a humorous tone and I laugh it off. "I didn't say anything yet," I tell him and the door ringer goes off. "Don't say a word till I get back," Thomas tells us as he scurries to the door. I turn to look at Mikayla and we laugh in unison. "You've nothing to worry about, Mikayla. Lilly has a great mother," I tell her and Thomas comes back with our food.

He sets it down on the coffee table before taking a seat next to me on the sofa. "Okay. We're ready for the tea," he says all too eagerly, and I take a breath. "Remember that night most of the office went to the club?" I ask while looking at them. They both nod their heads and signal for me to continue. "Well, that's where it all started. I planned on telling Richard I fancied him, but that all changed when Liam offered me to dance with him."

I bite my lip and take another breath before continuing, "Richard had just humiliated me in front of everyone, and I wanted to get back at him. So when Liam asked me again, I accepted. I took two shots of a passing waiter, and began dancing with Liam." I blush at the memory of us rubbing against one another under the strobing lights. "One thing leads to another, and the next thing you know, some arseholes trying to rape me, but Liam stops him. And then I end up at his flat, and we drink some more."

"Next thing you know, I'm wanking myself off in front of him, and he does nothing. At least not yet. He pours himself a drink, and I drink it for him so that he can't forget this." I close my eyes as I remember how wild I went. "I'm telling you, I must've been under some sort of spell, because I've never felt such a need to be touched by someone. Anyhow, we ended up shagging that night. Then, we did some more shagging overmorrow, and the day after."

Although I blush at my own words in the reminder of all the sex we had, it quickly goes away as it's replaced by tears. They glisten as they fall down my face, and I cry out my next words. "But then, the next thing I know, he's kicking me out of his flat when he finds out I'm a virgin. Well, I was until him. And that's not even the worst part. The worst part is-"