Guess who's having a party?

Start from the beginning

After school, I went home and walked in, setting my books down.

"Corbin?!  Is that you," Mom yelled from the kitchen.

"The one and only," I yelled back.

She came out and kissed me on the cheek.

"How was school?"

"School is school," I shrugged.

"Then I'm guessing this has something to do with a guy," she said with a look.

"Astute as always," I replied.  She giggled.

"Don't worry, hun. When you meet the right one, you'll know it," she said with a reassuring smile.

"Maybe. I'm going to do some homework. I'll be down in a while for dinner," I told Mom as I grabbed my books.

The minute I got to my room, I got to work only to get interrupted by my phone. I picked it up. New message. Hmm.

Hey.  How's it going? - angeleyes

Yawn.

Meh. School is boring. How about you? - corbthefab

Well, I've been thinking about this guy. - angeleyes

Is he hot? - corbthefab

Very but I don't think he knows that. - angeleyes

Have you talked to him? - corbthefab

I have. - angeleyes

Oh really. And? - corbthefab

He's amazing. - angeleyes

Sounds interesting. - corbthefab

It is. The only thing is, I'm not sure if he would feel the same way. - angeleyes

That depends. Who is the guy? - corbthefab

I sat there and waited. If I can't figure out my own love life, might as well figure out someone else.  Then my phone dinged.

I looked at the message.

You. - angeleyes

I sat there, stunned as I dropped my phone.  What in the hell?  I think things just took a turn.

                                *******
Blake's POV

I stared at my phone. I can't believe I said that.  Was it too forward?  Was it too much?  Did I scare him off?  Okay, play it cool Blake.

My phone dinged, and before I had a chance to answer, I heard Brook say, "what are you doing?"

I hurried and clicked off Instagram, then shoved my phone in my pocket.

"Nothing. Why?"

She looked at me, weird, "okay. Well, I'm having a party on Saturday."

"Does our dads know about the said party?"

"No, and we're not telling them. Plus, it's not like you'll be here," Brook said sarcastically.

I looked at her.

"Anyway, I'm just having a few friends over.  No big deal," she shrugged. That meant he was going to be here.

"Then I guess I can stick around," I shrugged.

"Huh?"  She looked at me, confused.

"So, things don't get out of hand. But if this blows up in our face, you're taking full responsibility," I warned Brook.  I hated parties, but I was only staying because he was going to be here.

Later on, I had dinner with my family. They talked, I listened. I was too busy thinking about other things. When I say other things, I meant Corbin.

"Blake, are you even listening," dad asked me.

"No, not really," I shrugged.

"What has gotten into you lately," my dad Cole asked me. I just looked at him. Maybe it's a fact I like someone, and I haven't told anyone.

"Nothing," I said, getting up and putting my plate in the sink. I went up to my room.

My dads looked at me, "Why was this so much easier when he was six," Wade asked.

"Because you give him brownies and he's fine. Babe, he's not six anymore," Cole chuckled.

While they finished eating, I sent a message. One came back. I chuckled. We went back and forth. If we didn't send memes, we sent gifs or just talked. It was nice to talk to Corbin finally. I didn't think he would if he knew it was me.

I mean, who would want a bad boy that's gay honestly? An oxymoron if you think about it.

Personally, no one knew, and at this point, I wanted to keep it that way. When the time was right, I would tell them. The time wasn't right. At least not for me.