Chapter Forty Two

Abel woke up early and ate breakfast without waiting for Noah. He regretted last night, telling Samantha to come to work as his temporary assistant. The thing is he wanted to show everyone that he could work with her without anything happening between them. He wanted their work days together to run so fast and for Eileen to get back on her feet quickly.

His fingers tapped at his desk as he looked at the time. He had told her 8 o'clock. It was 7am now. He almost wished She would come late so he would have a reason to prove She wasn't Qualified to work with their company. He had never felt this helpless. He sighed and removed his laptop, time to work.

                        ********
Sam dressed hurriedly in a dark blue pencil skirt and white silken blouse with two front buttons and by 7am, She had eaten breakfast, styled her hair and was out of the door. She had no intention of arriving late because She knew Abel was going to look for any of her shortcomings to hold against her. She wasn't going to give him that. She sat in her car and drove with a smile as She headed to the company. By 7:25am, She was in the parking lot and by 7:35am, She had arrived at her desk.

She went towards the coffee room and made Abel a coffee, She was sure he was there because She had seen his car parked in his spot. She went towards his office, knocked twice and entered.

"Good Morning, Sir, coffee, as you like it, Strong, black, two sugars, and no milk." She smiled triumphantly as She lay the cup down.

"Actually my preference changed," He smirked, "I like my coffee with milk," Abel watched her smile falter but it returned so quick.

"Oh, My bad, Sir, I Should have asked you first, I'll go and change it." She lifted the cup and turned to go.

"Yes, you Should have asked," Abel barked, "Next time you want to make a decision by yourself thinking you know someone, ask then do."

"As you wish." She replied with her head high and left the office.

Abel sighed, the thing is he still drunk his coffee Strong, two sugars, and without milk, but he wasn't going to give Samantha the satisfaction of thinking She knew him.

Sam seethed as She prepared another cup, that stubborn man. She knew he was lying when he Said his preference had changed. He never liked milk in his coffee, but If that's what he wanted, then She would give him milk. She made a point of putting extra milk in the coffee and stirred then went back to the office, knocked again and entered. "Your coffee as you want it with milk,Sir." She said then saw Noah sitting there, She gave him her best smile and greeted him.

"Sir?" Noah repeated, "And coffee with milk? What's happening here?"

"None of your business," Abel addressed Noah then turned to Samantha, "Put it there then you Can go."

"Dude, last night I thought you didnt want her to work here, What is happening?" Noah asked after Sam had left, "And since when did you start to take milk in your coffee?" Noah looked confused.

"It doesnt matter man, she's already here. And Yes, my coffee preference changed, is it a crime?"

"So, why aren't you drinking it? Or do you also like it cold?" Noah taunted.

"I'm sure you have your own office, or do you want to monitor my coffee intake as well?" Abel growled making Noah laugh and backed out of the door.

In the next four Morning hours Abel kept himself busy. He had no intention of involving Samantha in the work. He scheduled all the appointments by himself and held meetings without Sam's knowledge. Even when She kept checking on him time and again to see if he needed anything, his answer remained the same. No. By lunch time Samantha was baffled to see that She hadn't received any calls for any appointment or anything. She was approached by Noah's secretary, Mary who introduced herself and asked her if She was going for lunch. Sam Said Yes and the two women went to the company cafeteria.

"Can I ask you?" Sam asked Mary as they ate and Mary nodded. "Are you always busy or is it just today the company didnt have any work to do?"

"What do you mean?" Mary looked at her confused, "There is never a less busy day here, just this Morning our bosses had three meetings, I don't know about Mr. Sinclair's appointments but My Boss had three more. And four more are booked in the afternoon."

Sam was confused, She had seen people pass by her and thought that maybe they worked there. They had completely not acknowledged her presence. She had to ask Abel after lunch. And true to her promise, after they finished lunch, She waited for him to return and the moment She saw him and Noah come out of the elevator, She approaced them and asked to talk to Abel.

"Whatever you want to say, spit it out now, I don't have time," He growled making Noah raise an eyebrow.

"Okay, If you insist," Sam raised her chin, "Is it true you already had three meetings this morning and appointments?"

"Yes, Sam, why?" Noah answered.

"Then what is my Job here if I can't be present to take notes or book the appointments for you?"

"Umm, you didnt book the appointments?" Noah was confused, "Because my secretary did book mine for sure."

"Let's talk in the office," Abel Said and tried to hold Sam's hand but She pulled away.

"No Sir, you wanted to talk here so let's finish this. All Morning I kept coming to your office to check and i was wondering why I wasnt receiving any calls, all along you had diverted all calls straight to your office. So why did you tell me to come work here?"

"Like I told you and everyone else, I was capable of doing all the work." He seethed.

"Then why tell me to come?" She asked slowly.

"Because I Can." He seethed.

"Now listen to me Mr. Sinclair, you are going to divert the calls back to my desk and stop acting like a baby." She Said and turned around and went to sit on her desk.

"Atta Girl," Noah Whistled.

"Shut it." Abel growled and walked to his office ignoring Sam who was glaring at him.