Chapter forty

I've ignored this book long enough that I'm not even sure this chapter will connect with the previous chapters. I hope they do. Terrible writers block. I've to finish this story, I just get disappointed to look at unfinished stuff,😭😭😓.

"She's got her feet on the ground and she's burning it down..." Sam sung along Alicia's Girl on fire, as she cooked and danced around the kitchen. She had come over to see Nanny and had talked to the old woman about her plan to win Abel back, of coarse Nanny had agreed fast. She wanted to see her boy happy again. Sam was planning to stay the night at Abel's house, at the moment she was cooking dinner and she planned to corner Abel after dinner so they can really talk and work things out. A lot of time had been wasted, her fault of coarse but that's why she was here now to put an end to the past. This time she wasn't going to show that she had cooked the food, Noah had told her earlier when she had called that Abel had of coarse refused her food and he would wait for dinner at home.
Nanny came in as she cleaned the kitchen, "Hmm, smells so good in here dear."

"Oh Nanny I hope he doesn't know I cooked, he refused to eat my lunch so I wouldn't have him starve, I also just wanted you to have some time to yourself, I know you don't mind cooking of coarse,"

"Its fine dear, my boy will listen to you tonight, even if I have to force him," the old woman said fiercely making Sam laugh.

"Oh Nanny, thank you, but you don't have to force him," she gave her a kiss on the cheek and took her hand, "cmon, let's go sit down, you have a lot to fill me in on,"

"Or its you with a lot to tell me," Nanny said as they walked out of the kitchen to the living room. They talked for a long time and when they heard the sound of two cars drive in they looked at the time and laughed, "wow, time can fly so fast, the boys are here,"
Sam's heart picked up a fast tempo, she looked worried but Nanny assured her with a smile and a squeeze of her hand on her fingers. Sam's heart calmed down but started again as Abel entered with a smile on his face which got wiped off the moment he saw her. "Now, don't be rude, Abel,Sam came to keep me company today,"

"Oh, so she can be at two places at the same time," he said sarcastically, "I'm not even gonna ask what you're doing here. Hi, Nanny." He came over and kissed Nanny's cheek but his eyes never left Sam's. He moved away and muttered that he was going to take a shower. "Sammy," Noah's voice made him pause on the stairway, he shook his head, his friend was just too goofy. If only he could be as joyful as everyone, but well, its not them all that shit had happened to. He continued to his room as the voices in the living room faded. He tagged his tie off and removed his clothes one by one leaving them in a trail towards the bathroom, he turned on the shower and stood under the scalding water. His thoughts went back to almost a year ago when Sam's friend Emily had called him to say Sam was leaving Seattle. Abel had discarded whatever he had been doing that time and had drove the car crazily to get to her, all the pleading he had done had fallen on deaf ears, she had not given him a chance to talk to her. He would have let her go of coarse if that was what she had wanted, but after he had spoken to her and let her know no matter what he would love her for the rest of his life. He sighed as he braced his hands against the shower wall. Now here she was, just within arms reach, the moment he decides to forget about her is the exact time that she chooses to come back. He was a man of his word and when he decided on something he was sure to stick on it no matter what. He wasn't going to change his mind no matter what she did, all he had to do was keep his distance and all will be good once again. Everyone would move on with their life and everything will be fine again. He turned off of the shower and stepped out. He saw that his phone had been ringing, he tied a towel around his waist and walked towards the phone on the bed. Ian had been calling him,he dialled back and waited, he won't deny that in the past two years their relationship had improved. They met occasionally and talked business and other things even all that time when he had suspected him to know where Sam was, their bonding had continued, although there were also those days, like today... "What is it this time?" Abel asked the moment Ian answered.

"So I can't check on my nephew?" The older man asked with a grin.

"Cut the crap, uncle."

"Okay then, if you insist, I'm coming over for dinner."

Abel groaned, now that was going to make three people on Sam's side, she had a team now. No one supported him at all. "Whatever, anything else old man, I need to dress up?"

"Oh, so you were in the shower, Actually, there's this small matter, have you seen Sam?"

"Bye." Abel hang up and put the phone down. He then turned around and froze. His heart pumped so fast he could literally see it forcing its way out of his chest, his body temperature rose, "What the hell!" He exclaimed. While he was planning to avoid her, the devil was planning other things too.

Sam stood frozen at the doorway, she had been caught in the process of running back downstairs. When Nanny had asked her to call him down, she had come straight away and had knocked then entered only to find a half naked Abel talking on phone. She really was planning to step back, of coarse after enough looking at his toned back and shoulders, then he had turned and she had frozen into place. "Umm," she wanted to apologize but of coarse her mind stopped her, apologies wouldn't be welcome at this time. "Nanny says its dinner time," she turned to go but paused and turned back, "oh, by the way, you still look hot," she let her eyes glide up and down his body, then winked and closed the door, leaving Abel star struck.

What the hell happened? He asked himself. Sam would never be bold to that extent, the Sam he knew would have apologized and run off. He laughed softly and shook his head, another reason to stay away because she looked determined.

Okay fellas, I tried. I have another book in mind. First I should tell you guys that I mostly get my inspiration from the people I've met, the countries I've been or would like to go to. I get my interracial ideas from what I experience sometimes or what I'd like to experience. Enjoy. Imma end this story soon y'all. 😘😘