Chapter Thirty Seven

Jeez I'm laughing, all ya comments keeled me over. I wasn't about to update but I will cuz of the love you've showed this book. Esp lady1745, thanks bae....

Abel sat in silence minutes after Sam had left. He felt a feeling of unease. She really had looked determined when she said she would see him soon, he was so sure she was planning something or rather had something already planned. Something had changed about her, she still looked like the same Sam he knew months ago but she acted different. His Sam used to be shy and blushed a lot. Maybe moments ago there was nothing to blush about but she had looked so confident and unwavered. But he knew he had done well to get rid of her quickly before his strong will weakened. All he had to do was to talk to his receptionist not to let her into his office, and maybe try to convince Nanny(which was totally impossible of coarse) not to see her because he wasn't sure of what she planned. Surprisingly, Nanny hadn't been on his neck about Sam that much. Maybe cuz he hadn't given anyone time to talk to him long enough. He sighed and went back to work, he had to focus. He sent Noah's secretary a text reminding her to check on Eileen and inform him.

                             *********************
Sam sat in a coffee shop across Abel's company, she felt shaken and relieved at the same time. Now that she had seen and talked to him, she knew her way forward and a plan was already in motion. The fact that he hadn't had security drag her out was enough to calm her, she knew if she played her cards well, her and Abel would work everything out. She wondered if he had really missed her like they had always told her. She knew it doesn't take years for someone to mature, she had regretted her decision the moment she had stepped foot outside Seattle. But soon everything will be fine. She sighed and called a taxi to take her home. She had to prepare for her night out with Emmy.

Later that evening...
"C'mon let's dance," Emmy screamed in Sam's ear making her cringe. She let herself be pulled to the dance floor, "So, did you guys talk it out?" Emmy asked her friend as they danced and Sam gave her a killer look, "What?" Emmy asked in defence, "I'm just asking,"

"You my friend are nuts," Sam said, "You know me very well I wouldn't be here if we had talked."

"Well, people change, what's the guarantee that you haven't changed?" Emmy murmured but Sam heard her even over the noise.

"Emmy, I've already apologized a thousand times for the way I left, I'm sorry, okay? But I haven't changed and you know that."

"Aww, come here, let's dance," Emmy pulled her friend closer as they danced to some latino song, "I hope you ain't giving up?"

"Never."Sam said with a big smile.

"Hmm, I know that smile, what are you planning woman?"

"Well, let's say Abel Sinclair will be seeing enough of me this coming week."

"Go girl, lemme wait for the good news then, and cmon, let's go drink to that." Emmy pulled Sam over to the counter where they continued to take a couple of shots.

The next day Sam woke up at midday, she couldn't remember how she had returned back home, probably Emmy had called a taxi for them. She leant back and sighed, her head wasn't hurting but she felt a bit dizzy, she got up slowly and trudged to the kitchen. The fridge was always loaded so she never had worries for what to eat. She made some soup and went to get her laptop, she had a book she was currently writing, hopeful if the current book sold, the second one will be so easy to sale too. Today she had a plan to go see Nanny, she had promised to see her when she returned. Every time they spoke on phone, the old lady had always advised her to come back and not be afraid.

By 3 o'clock, Sam had written a chapter and was ready to go to Abel's place. She went to the parking lot downstairs and got into her car, a 2016 Ford Mustang. While away she had learnt a couple of things, driving, cooking,she had also gotten a waitress job despite her Aunt Nadia's protest. It was from her waitress salary that she had collected and bought the car. She pulled out of the parking lot and drove towards Abel's house.

"Oh dear, finally you are back, oh thank God," Those were the words that welcomed Sam as Nanny pulled her into a big hug. Nanny's hugs always made Sam emotional but this time she held back her tears, she didn't want to worry the old woman.

"Yes Nanny I'm back, and I'm here to win your boy over." She said as matter of fact.

"I wouldn't have it any other way baby, come in come in,"

Sam entered and breathed in, she really had missed this place. "Does Abel still come back at 5pm?" Sam asked.

"Well, for the last months he has been returning late just to go to bed and waking up early to wait for Noah who has been driving him to work, but yesterday, something happened, it was like he had snapped out of his trance, he woke up so early, greeted me with a big smile which really took me back and asked for breakfast, which I had actually been force feeding him. After eating he said bye to me and went to work, not waiting for Noah and later at 5pm he returned and didn't go to bed but came to find me in the kitchen and talked to me, I was so happy and I know that after you guys make up, he'll be even happier." Nanny looked so hopeful it actually scared Sam.

"Umm, okay, so that means by 5 he's actually gonna be here?" When Nanny nodded she went on, "Okay, can I use your kitchen Nanny, I wanna make his favorite dish,"

"Its all yours baby, I would actually love some rest," the older woman winked at her and walked out of the kitchen.

Hmmm, Abels gonna get it soon....