Chapter Fourteen

"Why are you calling me, Ian?" Abel said when he picked up his phone. He was busy and rushing everything so he could make it to his lunch date with Sam.

"Well, hallo to you too nephew." Ian answered back

"On a serious note uncle, can you cut to the chase?"

"Okay as you wish dear nephew, well your lovely dream girl is here waiting for you to pick her up for lunch."

"And what is Sam doing there? Is she okay?" Abel almost jumped out of the chair, until he heard his uncle's chuckles then he calmed down.

"Who ever knew Abel Sinclair will ever be whipped like so?"

"Ian that's not funny." Abel growled through the phone, "Don't assert yourself too much in her life Ian, I know you very well."

There was a pause on Ian's side, "And what do you know nephew?"

"Answer yourself that, I'm on my way." Abel hung up and went to take a lift to the parking floor. He knew his uncle's tricks of getting into people's lives only to disappear later after they get attached, he wasn't going to let Sam get attached to Ian. He never kept to his promises and loved to lie like it was a hobby to him.
Before his parents had died, they had left Ian to take over as Abel's guardian but even that had failed him, he was just that bad with family. No wonder he never introduced people to him. Abel parked his car in Ian's driveway and honked, he wasn't going to enter the house. Few minutes later he saw Ian and Sam coming out, they shared a few words as her hands held his face between them like she was getting a promise from him, Abel honked impatiently and the two looked his way, both with smiles though Ian's smile seemed forced. Sam came running down the steps and entered the car.

"Hi sour face," She said and kissed him full on the lips.

"Don't say that." Abel said through gritted teeth.

"Well, what's gotten into you baby?"

"Nothing, you ready for lunch?" Ian changed the topic and Sam nodded without a sound.

Ian watched them go and sighed to himself, what had he gotten himself into? He had promised Sam that he will get to know Abel more on a uncle-nephew relationship before he traveled to Asia, damn...he cursed silently and entered his house then an image entered his mind, he turned to look again but thought it had just been in his mind, or had he really seen Jennifer Lombardi , Abel's ex girlfriend in a blue Mercedes going after Abel's car? Ian shrugged and entered his house.

*******

"Babe, what has gotten you so worried?" Sam asked Abel.

"Nothing that cannot be solved." Abel replied with a twinkle in his eyes.

"And what would that be," Sam extended closer as she leant her hands on the table.

"Well, one kiss from the woman of my dreams and all...."

"Granted." Before he could finish Sam said and kissed him full on the lips.

"Hmm, tasty, now I can eat my lunch comfortably. " Abel sat back in his seat.

"Gosh your such a flirt, babe." Sam said waving her hand.

"A flirt for you alone." A waiter came and took their orders. After he had left, Abel turned to Sam, "Babe, not to push but why not come stay with us for a couple of days?"

"And how many is that couple of days?" She asked him.

"Well, like a week or so until you get tired."