Chapter Twenty Eight

"She's awake," That statement, like cold water being poured on him, he had waited for that statement for three months and now he didn't know how to react, Abel got up from his office seat and rushed out of his office. He felt guilty already for not being there when she woke. After Emily had said that first statement, Abel had hung up immediately and froze in place. He rushed to his car and without securing his seatbelt, sped out of the company's driveway. His heart thumped painfully hard against his chest he could feel it wanting to come out. His Sam was awake, he was nearing the hospital and couldn't believe how many red lights he had passed, only one to go and he would see his beloved. He was distracted one second and that's all it took. He heard a loud noise in his ears and a searing pain in his chest and left leg, what just happened? He looked around and in his blurred state he saw the world upside down, why would the world turn suddenly and why couldn't he move his leg? He was so confused right now and was starting to panic, he didn't want to delay another minute, Samantha had woken up and was asking for him. He heard sirens coming closer, had Sam's situation worsened, why were the sirens near the hospital? His world started going dark, oh no, he had to keep his eyes open, Samantha needed him but finally darkness took over.

"Where is he, did something happen?" Samantha asked Emily, her voice was still hoarse even after drinking glasses of water. She had woken up one hour ago to find Emily sleeping in a chair next to the bed. She had stayed silent for 20 minutes not sure about how to speak and when finally She had called her friend's name, Emily had screamed, her eyes widening in surprise, then shock then relief and she had rushed out the door, minutes later she had returned with a man dressed like a doctor. His voice was familiar, she had a lot of questions, what had happened to her? Where was she?
"Sam, you are in the hospital, this is doctor Kane, he has been your doctor for the last three months," 3 months? Sam's brain screamed, why would she be in the hospital for that long, unless she had gotten an accident which she was sure wasn't the fact.

"What happened to me?" She asked her voice still hoarse.

"Umm, it's a complicated story, I've a lot to tell you as well," Emily said with a smile on her face, "I called Abel, he will be here in an few minutes," Emily assured her. The door burst open and the three people turned to see a bloody disheveled Abel standing in the door way. Emily ran to him as did Kane, Sam just stared opened mouth at the man who stood there, "Abel, what happened?" Emily asked but Abel ignored both and limped towards Sam. When he had come closer he stared at her as she did him, he then fell in her arms and sighed. He couldn't describe what he felt at the moment but he knew he would forsake the whole world to feel like this all the time.

"You are here," Sam's hoarse voice brought him to and he looked at her, She had lost weight, her hair was now covering her head although short.

"I'm sorry I wasn't here," he said as he brushed her cheek with his fingers lightly. She just sighed and lay her head on his chest, he winced slightly but there's no way he was going to complain. Sam's eyes stared at Abels leg and widened.

"You are hurt," She tried to get out of his embrace.

"I'm fine, it's just a scratch," he assured her but she shook her head and looked at Doctor Kane.

"Okay Abel legs go do some check up," Kane said.

"I said I'm fine," Abel grounded.

"Just let the doctor check you up," Sam said, "Go on," He longingly laid a kiss near her mouth and turned to follow Kane, limping, "What really happened to him?" She turned to Emily who also looked confused.

"I think he got into an accident on his way," Emily said softly, "Oh Sam, you don't know how happy we are that you are back to us," She went near her friend and held her hand, "When you return home, I'll fill you in on everything you've missed," She promised and Sam nodded. She too couldn't believe she was finally back from wherever she had been held captive, so that meant she was here all along surrounded by people she loved.

"Can I get some toiletries, I need to take a shower,"

"Oh, ofcoarse, they are right here," Emmy handed her a small bag that consisted of some small needful stuff, "Do you need help, you know I can...?"

"No thanks Emmy, I think I'm fine," Sam smiled at her friend, how she had missed her friend. She swung her legs over and attempted to stand, whoa, it had been long since she stood on her feet. She fell back on the bed and sighed, "it's been really long since I felt my legs," she admitted.

"You know what, stay there, I'm going to fill the tub with warm water and I'll help you in, okay?" Emmy said and Sam nodded, her legs felt tingly like blood was finally starting to flow there, she smiled, She couldn't wait to see everyone. Few minutes later Emmy returned and helped her to the bathroom, When she entered a sense of deja vu filled her, She hesitated uncertainly but Emmy assured her that she was okay, "I'll stay just in the room here, okay, if you need anything just holler," Emmy said as Sam slid in the bath tub and lay back with a sigh, Emmy had put her favorite lavender scent, she thanked her friend and closed her eyes. Many minutes later, she felt a butterfly caress on her cheek, she opened her eyes and looked at deep green eyes, eyes she had not looked into for three months, the two looked at eachother in silence as if taking in what they had missed of eachother the last months, "Are you better now?" Sam asked him.

"I should be asking that," Abel answered with a smile as his fingers trailed down her cheek.

"I'm okay, " she said and after a long silence she asked, "What happened to me?" Abel stiffened suddenly and tried to hide it quickly but Sam had already noticed it.

"Let's not talk about that now, baby, lemme help you out of the water," he didn't want to spoil their moment together, If possible He would try as much as he can to stall the topic. She let him towel her dry, then he dressed her in a simple long dress that reached to her ankles, "I'm taking you home with me, the doctor said it's okay," Abel said and she nodded allowing him to lead her inside the room.