Chapter Thirty Two

so I tried writing the next part, I failed, (put your imagination to use yoh) bwahaha.... I move on.

Samantha stared at the ceiling in silence, how funny could life be. In the silence of her apartment she dwelled for a week, with mixed feelings. Back home, she had never dreamt that she would come this far, she did that only in her teen years, ofcoarse until reality hit her in the face. She hadn't lost her hope for the future but she definitely wasn't dreaming too big. Whatever had made her fall for the man in her dreams had truly blinded her all this time, now why would a man like Abel fall for a girl like her? I mean, she had come out of nowhere to Seattle, then she would expect big things? Sam chuckled at herself, she was sure going crazy. For a week, she hadn't gone out, neither had she talked to anyone. If only she had turned down politely Aunt Imelda and Uncle Kassim's offer to fulfil her teenage dream. Yeah, and you'ld still be on your ass, working long hours, her conscious taunted her and she groaned. A lot had happened in the last week after she had talked it out with Abel. She was hurt that he would shelter her from something like that, it was her life that had been on line, and she felt she had a say in it, so him and the others going behind her back and hiding things from her had woken her up to another reality. If she didn't man up and become independent, people were not going to stop treating her like a kid. Before locking herself in her apartment, she had visited the prison and had seen Jennifer. She was hurt that Jennifer had pretended to be her friend but she wasn't God and she wouldn't judge anyone. Humans were all the same, a whole loadful of complications. She had withdrawn the charges and told Jennifer to just go. The girl had already lost everything, the man she loved, her job, her career and ofcoarse some of her friends. Sometimes revenge yielded nothing but pain and regret and she was not going to fight back on that issue, but she was going to focus on herself. She had hidden herself enough, now she was going to go out there, forget all that had happened and she would look for jobs. She jumped out of bed and headed straight to the shower, after she ate brunch then went and switched on her phone. 120 voicemails and 200 missed calls. She figured they would have been more but her phone storage had been full. Messages from Abel, Emmy, Noah, Aunt Imelda, Anna and Tomlinson. She dialled Aunt Ime's number and she picked on the first ring, "Sam baby, are you okay?" The older lady asked nervously.

"Aunt, I'm fine, sorry for going off just like that, but I had to take stock of somethings," Sam said apologetically.

"Oh, okay, you scared me there,"

"No need to be, Aunt, I'm fine now, infact, I'm much better,"

"Oh baby that's good," Her aunt sounded relieved.

"Thanks aunt, I would like to ask you something as well,"

"Anything dear,"

"Aunt, I want to move out of this place," There was silence at the other end, "Aunt, you there?"

"Uh, yes, yes dear, why?"

"I think I rushed into everything Aunt, I need to start all over again, ofcoarse I don't want to leave Seattle, but say, a new neighborhood? where none of these people know?"

"Are you sure baby?"

"Never been so sure," Sam answered cheerfully, knowing her aunt would accept straightaway.

"On one condition, Samantha,"

"Anything, " Sam held her breath.

"That you keep in touch always,"

"Done," Sam said and thanked her aunt, she still had enough money to rent an apartment for like 6 months. She rushed around the room packing her clothes and other needful items. After she had finished she rushed to Emmy's apartment and banged on her door. her friend opened with an alarmed look only to calm down after seeing Sam at the door.

"Hey, look someone rose from the dead," Emmy said sarcastically and Sam winced, she deserved that.

"Can I come in?" she asked.

"Knock yourself out," Emmy said with a smirk, leaving the door, almost hitting Sam in the face.

"I'm leaving," San suddenly announced.

"Yay, another miracle," Emmy said again.

"Emmy please don't be like that, you are my friend but you also hid things from me," Sam said.

"Well, your boyfriend had said..."

"Since when do you care about what Abel had said?" Sam cut her off, "You should have told me, two weeks we saw eachother everyday and you would lie to my face how I had just fainted without a cause, that isn't how friends should be, Emmy,"

"Sam, I...."

"Please lemme say what I came to say. I'm not blaming you, neither am I judging you, I still love you and have missed you so much, but today, I came to say goodbye, I hope we keep in touch," Sam looked at her friend who had punished tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Sam, I should have trusted that you can handle anything, it's just that all those months I had seen you in that hospital, fighting for your life and I realised how fragile life is, I didn't want to add more shocks to what you were going through, so I decided to listen to Abel. We all want the best for you, my friend, especially Abel. " Emmy smiled sadly. "Where are you moving too?"

"Not far," San shrugged, "When I settle, I'll call you. I promise, " The two women hugged for a long time, "I love you, " both said at the same time then laughed and moved out of the hug. Sam turned and walked out the door, without looking back.

Emmy smiled sadly as she watched her friend go. Sometimes, we had to let go, even the precious things. She got our her phone and dialled a number, "She's leaving, come before she goes,"

Sam stood in the lift silently as it descended, she leant her forehead on the cool door surface. She couldn't believe she was actually leaving, just a few minutes and she'll be out of here. Her mind refused to go to that one person she so desperately yearned to see. She sighed, no, she wasn't going to go there. She went down the lobby and smiled at Wallace who frowned at her bags.

"Miss, you're going somewhere?"

"Yes Wallace. " Shit, she cursed herself for forgetting to call a cab in.advance.

"Can I call you a cab?"

"No thank you, Wallace, " she smiled at the older man and thankfully a cab pulled up near her. She sighed and walked towards it. The man got out and helped her with her bags, she went to sit and that moment she heard tires screeching to a stop, startled she drew back and looked to see Ian and Abel, "Samantha, wait," Abel shouted, his voice panicked. She panicked too and entered the car telling the driver to hurry out. She locked the car doors and pulled the Windows up. Abel came and banged on the window eyes full of questions and pleading, She couldn't bear it, she looked away and told the driver to drive. They pulled out of the apartment driveway, she looked behind to see Abel's car trailing after them.

"Can you drive any faster than this?" She snapped at the man.

"Sorry ma'am, this ain't Fast n furious," The man spoke in his deep Mexican.

"100 bucks more for you if you lose them," she sighed glaring at the man.

"You got a deal, mami" He said with a big grin and sped away making Samantha scream and the man laughed, "Well, you asked for it," Sam glared at him making him shut up. She looked behind and indeed Abel's car had disappeared.