Chapter Thirty Six

Samantha slowly lifted her head to look up. She had dreaded this meeting so much and had thanked God earlier for the disruption she found when she entered. Otherwise she wouldn't have been able to face Abel head on. So she had used that early distraction to silently enter his office and give herself time. That time now didn't feel enough, in fact no amount of time would have been enough. In the beginning she thought that her leaving was the best option, then she realised she had been rush in her decisions and was too embarrassed to go back immediately. Now here she was, almost a year late. She sighed and looked in his eyes, there was no emotion, "Hello, Abel." She held her breath.

Abel looked at her in unbelief. All this time he had waited by his phone for her call or to see her walk back into his life, but none of that had happened. And now that he had decided to move on, she decides to return, how ridiculous was that! He was going to have a word with his Uncle later. 'Be strong Abel,' he told himself. "How may I help you Samantha?"he asked, making sure to look serious, "If you're here about your book," he added before she could say anything, "It's to be published this month, which of course we would have sent you an email, and__"

"I wanted to see you," Sam suddenly said cutting him off. "It's been quite a long time and I didn't know where to start, I know it might be too late but__"

"Damn right its too late," Abel growled suddenly shutting her up with a hard look. "What did you think, Samantha, that you would come waltzing back into our lives and life would move on normally?"

"No, I__" Sam started to say.
"I'm glad you know that," Abel said. "Ok, now that you got the updates on your book, your free to go, we'll keep in touch."

"Abel I___"

"Get out of my office, I got nothing more to discuss with you," Abel said dismissively and started typing in his phone.

Samantha felt stuck in the chair, she had never been made feel so small in all her life. Her throat felt dry and unshed tears pricked her eyes. She was at a loss for words, okay what would she say, hey Abel it was nice to see you, and I've missed you so much, oh by the way I'm also sorry for not giving us a chance by giving us time to talk about what happened to me and sorry that I blamed you for something you did not even know about and forgave your ex girlfriend... The list could go on for all the things she had done wrong. She heard a sigh in front of her and realised she was still in Abel's office. She didn't want to give up easily, she really wanted to have enough faith that things will work out for them. "I'll see you soon," she surprised herself when she stood up and said that with a look of determination on her face. Abel looked surprised then his face went back to being neutral.

He looked at her as she walked out and he sighed. She sure looked determined, but whatever it was that she had planned, it wasn't going to work. That he knew for sure, he wasn't going to fall easily again, nope.

Okay, I'm gonna stop here...so, Samantha is going to try to win Abel back, what kind of tactics do you think are effective enough?