Chapter 31

After I was sure everyone was in their bunks and falling asleep, I got up and crawled quietly from my bunk. I had a sick feeling in my stomach and I was still crying. I went out of the bunk area and sat on the couch, my knees up against my chest and my head tucked down. I sat crying, trying not to make too much noise. I didn't want to wake anyone. I felt like I was going to throw up. 

I wasn't sure how long I sat there, crying, but I eventually ran out of tears to cry. Then I heard someone walk out of the bunks, and I tried to wipe my face so they didn't notice I'd been crying. They stopped and I wasn't sure what they were doing.

"Rilynn?" It was Dallon. At least it wasn't Dad. I didn't want to have to explain to him why I'd been crying. Dallon sat on the couch next to me and I looked up. "Oh god, what happened? Are you okay?" I nodded, my face. "Why were you crying?"

"I heard you guys arguing," I whispered. "It reminded me of my foster home. It scared me." He hugged me tightly.

"Rilynn, you have nothing to worry about," he whispered. "We won't hurt you. You're okay. You won't be put through that ever again, I promise."

We sat there for awhile, Dallon holding me in his lap, before he moved me and got up. He got in the cabinet and got out two glasses, filling them with a little bit of water. He handed one to me and drank the other. I drank my glass and he set them both in the sink.

"Let's go back to bed," he whispered. "We both need some sleep." I nodded and followed him back into the bunk area, climbing quietly into my bunk so I didn't wake anyone else. Dallon quietly got into his bottom bunk and pulled the covers over himself, rolling on to his side and trying to go back to sleep. I tried to sleep, but it took forever before I finally was able to fall asleep. 

When I woke up, the only person not their bunk asleep was Zack. I climbed out of bed, careful not to wake Dad, and walked out of the bunk area. Zack was sitting on the couch, scrolling through something on his phone. I sat next to him and leaned against him. He looked down at me.

"You okay, kiddo?" he asked. I nodded.

"I'm just tired," I whispered. "I couldn't get back to sleep."

"You want to go with me to get food for the others?" Zack asked. I smiled and nodded. I got clean clothes out of my bag and changed. I put on a pair of jeans and a black Panic! tee shirt. I slipped on my black converse and walked off the bus where Zack was waiting. He grabbed my hand instinctively and we got in the cab Zack had called to take us to the nearest McDonald's. 

When we got there, we ordered food for ourselves and sat and ate. We were there for what felt like a long time, just eating and talking about music and touring. Zack's expression changed when his phone started ringing. He picked it up and answered.

"Hello?" he answered nervously. Whoever he was talking to was yelling, and Zack winced slightly. "Don't worry, she's with me. I just took her to McDonald's to get breakfast. We'll grab something for you guys and then we'll head back. We'll see you in a bit. 'Bye." He hung up and sighed. "That was Brendon. Come on, let's get the others food and head back." I nodded and got up from the table. We ordered food for Dad and the others before catching a cab back to where the bus was waiting for us. Dad was outside, pacing back and forth while running a hand through his hair. When we got out, I ran to him and wrapped my arms around him.

"Oh my god, Ri," he sighed in relief. "Thank god you're okay. I was so worried."

"I'm okay," I whispered. "I couldn't sleep, so Zack took me to get something to eat."

"I'm just glad you're okay, baby girl," he whispered, hugging me tightly. "Let's get back on the bus. We still have a little ways to go before we get there." He held me tightly to his side as we got back on the bus. Dallon gave me a small smile, but his eyes held the understanding of last night. I just smiled brightly back and sat on Dad's lap at the table. Zack set the bag on the table and handed everyone their food.

The bus continued on its way while everyone else ate. I rested my head back against Dad while everyone else talked and laughed. I knew they were just pretending. They didn't want me to know they'd been fighting. Dallon already knew that I knew, but he didn't show it. We drove for a couple more hours before arriving at the next city. The show that night went just as smoothly as the previous one. I had a blast up there with Dallon and Dad, jamming out on guitar and singing backups with Dallon and Kenny. Afterwards, I was so tired and worn out that I immediately collapsed on the couch in the dressing room and slept while everyone else packed up. Dad carried me out to the bus, but he must not have anticipated how long the fans would wait, because they were screaming so loud that I jumped in Dad's arms. He just kind of chuckled and carried me past everyone.

"Sorry, guys!" he called out. "I'll come back and do some autographs after she's on the bus!" They screamed the whole time Dad carried me past them to the bus. Once we made it to the bus, he set me on the couch and went back with Zack to sign a few things. Dallon picked me up and carried me to my bunk, and I fell asleep quickly. I had used all of my energy during the show, jumping around and playing for at least two hours. Just as I was falling asleep, I remembered that I hadn't talk to Mom in a couple days. Everyone else went outside, so I pulled out my phone and called her.