Chapter 6

~Rilynn~

I had been with Brendon and Sarah for almost two months. They'd gotten me swimming lessons, but I was still a little scared of the water. They were understanding about it. Whenever I felt scared or felt like a panic attack was rising, Brendon helped me. He hugged me and reassured me. They didn't get mad when I stumbled down the stairs and broke their vase during my first few weeks there. Brendon just hugged me and Sarah cleaned up the mess. They told me it was alright, that they could get a new vase. I was still worried about it. I had to calm myself down after I'd disappeared to my room.

When I tripped over a rock in the yard and fell on the path, scraping my knee, Sarah sat me on the counter and cleaned it. Brendon made sure I was okay and I wasn't hurt too bad. They took care of me and made sure I always knew they loved me. Brendon always made sure I didn't have any panic attacks. 

My bass lessons continued. Brendon said I was getting better, but I doubted myself. I learned how to play a couple of songs by Brendon's band, and I sometimes joined their practices and sat in on meetings. Dallon and Spencer liked listening to me play. Sometimes I played with Pete when he was over to talk to Brendon. He taught me some of his band's songs, like Dance, Dance, Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Bet, and The Pheonix. I also started learning to play piano and drums, and I loved the drums. I loved playing around on them when I felt nervous.

Summer was almost over. I would be starting 4th grade at the local public school. I always hated the schools my foster parents sent me to. I was bullied a lot for being in the system. Now I would be bullied for being adopted. Brendon and Sarah reassured me that I would be fine, but that didn't mean I wasn't nervous. 

"Rilynn?" Brendon called from downstairs. I opened the door and walked dowstairs. Brendon motioned for me to sit on the couch, so I did.

"Is everything okay?" I asked anxiously. My stomach tightened.

"Everything's fine," Brendon reassured me. My stomach loosened a little, but remind slightly tight. "Our new album is going to be wrapped up shortly, so we are planning the upcoming tour. Sarah is going to be here, but the others wanted me to ask you if you wanted to join us. It'll be about two months long. Our first show is on the 18th, in Magna, Utah. It'll just be a small summer tour. We're calling it "The Gospel Tour". You're welcome to stay with Sarah if you don't want to go. We'll be flying to most of the cities, but some will be driven to." I was silent for a second, thinking. We'd leave in just a few days. Or I could stay here with Sarah.

"Is everything okay, Ri?" Sarah asked, snapping me out of my daze. 

"I'll go," I replied, looking up at Brendon's face. He smiled and his eyes lit up.

"That's great! I'll let the guys you've decided to come." He stood up and grabbed his phone from the table, typing away.

~Brendon~

I was so excited when Rilynn said she'd go with us. I wanted to give her the choice to go or stay, so she knew she always had a choice when it came to these things. I messaged the band group chat immediately.

Brendon Urie: Rilynn is going with us 😄 Just talked to her. We'll see you in a couple days unless we get together before then.

Dallon Weekes: That's great! She'll love touring with us.

Spencer Smith: Tour is going to be great :) she'll have fun

I went out to the studio with my phone and launched a periscope. I didn't want to tell anyone about Rilynn coming on tour with us, but I felt like streaming. So I sat at the piano and messed around while talking to the fans and answering their questions. When the door to the studio opened, I glanced up and saw Rilynn enter. She smiled slightly and grabbed one of the basses off the rack, sitting down and mindlessly strumming. She glanced up every so often and read some of the questions, answering a couple they asked her before playing around again.

"Hey, Rilynn, we've got a request," I laughed, looking back at her. She moved her chair up next to the piano. "They want us to play Casual Affair." She smiles and started playing. I grabbed a guitar off the wall and played with her.

"Hey, a casual affair
That could go anywhere
And only for tonight

Take any moment, any time
A lover on the left
A sinner on the right

Lay in the atmosphere
A casual affair
(Hush-hush, don't you say a word)
Lay in the atmosphere
A casual affair, woah!

Break involuntary ties
A secret so the spies
Could never find us out

Stay for as long as you have time
So the mess that we'll become
Leaves something to talk about

Just lay in the atmosphere
A casual affair
(Hush-hush, don't you say a word)
Lay in the atmosphere
A casual affair, woah!

Lay in the atmosphere
A casual affair
(Hush-hush, don't you say a word)
Lay in the atmosphere
A casual affair."

Rilynn played along while I sang, humming part of the time. When we'd finished, there were more requests. We played Collar Full and Sarah Smiles before I glanced up and saw Sarah in the doorway. She mouthed that dinner was ready and I turned back to the periscope.

"Well, we've got to go before Sarah gets onto us about not eating," I laughed. Rilynn and I waved goodbye to everyone before I ended it. I slid my phone into my pocket and hung my guitar on the wall. Rilynn put her bass up and we followed Sarah back to the house, where dinner was waiting on the table. We sat down to eat and I explained the details of the summer tour to Rilynn and Sarah. Rilynn seemed both nervous and excited. Dallon had had a great idea, but it was a surprise. Rilynn would find out on tour.

*Another chapter for y'all :) Oh, man, do I have plans for the next few chapters! Y'all gonna hate it, but I don't care. Have fun :)