Chapter 19

~Sarah~

Brendon and I rushed inside to find Rilynn standing in the room, her small hands up to her mouth. I followed her gaze to see Spencer sitting up in bed, smiling at her. 

"Spencer!" She cried. She lunged forward like she was trying to run to him, but she stumbled. Brendon caught her and carried her over to the bed, setting her down next to Spencer on the bed. She wrapped her arms around him tightly. 

"Hey, kiddo," he laughed, hugging her back. "How're you doing?" She mumbled something inaudible into his shoulder.

"She's getting released today if Brendon decides she can," I said, smiling, as I walked up to the bed and stood by Brendon. He wrapped his arm around my waist and hugged me to his side, smiling.

"I think she's ready," Brendon said. Rilynn let go of Spencer and I leaned down and hugged him next.

"I want you to know I heard you, Sarah," he whispered so that only I could hear. "Every word. I tried to wake up, but I couldn't. I just had a feeling today was the day I had to get up. Today was the day I needed to be awake."

"We missed you so much, Spence," I whispered.

"I know," he whispered back. I let go and he looked back over at Rilynn. "I'm glad you're doing better, kiddo. How're the others?"

"Dallon has been staying in a hotel with Breezy, Knox, and Amelie for awhile," she said. "He wanted to be here while we all recovered. Zack got released a little while ago. Not long. He flew back to LA to talk to Mr. Wentz about doing something with the tour. Dad wants to get back to touring as soon as possible, and so does Dallon."

"At least everyone is okay," Spencer sighed in relief. 

We sat with Spencer for a while before we took Rilynn back to the hotel we'd gotten. We were in a room on the same floor as Dallon, so Rilynn wanted to go see him. I took her to go see him while Brendon got our room situated. When we reached the room, I knocked on the door and stood back. There was a click as the lock was undone before the door opened and Dallon was standing in the doorway.

"Baby Urie!" he said, smiling. He picked her up and spun her around. She giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Hi, Dal," she giggled.

"They finally released you, then?" he asked.

"Yeah," she said. 

Dallon carried her inside and motioned for me to come in too. I sat with Breezy on the couch and we talked while Dallon, Knox, Amelie, and Rilynn played games on the beds. When there was a knock on the door, Breezy and I got up and answered. Brendon was standing at the door.

"She ready to go?" He asked, glancing into the room and smiling. "She needs to sleep."

"Have fun trying to pull her away," I laughed. Breezy and I went back into the room and Brendon followed, closing the door behind himself. 

"Hey, Ri," Brendon said, sitting down on the bed next to her. She crawled onto his lap and sat there while they finished their game. "You need sleep, little one. You've had a long day." She leaned back into him and looked up.

"Do I have to?" She asked.

"I suppose not, but it'd be a smart decision," he smiling. I loved watching him with her. He was so happy. His eyes lit up every time she looked at him. He smiled every time she spoke to him. And I got to watch him be this happy. I got to watch him be happier than he had been since our wedding day. 

"Can we stay a little bit longer? Pleeeeaaasssee!" 

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to stay a little while longer," Brendon smiled. I knew he was letting her have what she wanted. I just smiled and shook my head at him. He was such a pushover when it came to Rilynn.

Later that night, Rilynn had fallen asleep on Dallon's lap. She'd crawled over while they were playing the game. Knox and Amelie were asleep, too. Brendon took Rilynn from Dallon and Dallon and Breezy moved their two kids to more comfortable positions on the bed before we said goodnight and Brendon and I took Rilynn back to our room. I walked beside him nervously the whole way back. This was the first time since the accident that he'd carried her. I didn't want him to hurt himself.

"Brendon, I can take her if you want," I offered after he'd stopped a few steps away from Dallon and Breezy's door.

"No, I'm okay," he said. I knew he was determined.

"B, don't push yourself too hard," I said. "If she's too much, I'll take her. We can always try again another time. She's heavier when she's asleep."

"Sarah, I want to be able to carry our daughter without worrying if my legs will give out from under me," he said. "The only way to do that is to prove to myself that I can do it. If I can get to the room without falling, dropping her, or giving her up, then I'll be able to believe that I can do it."

"Okay, B, but be careful. Please. I don't want either of you getting hurt."

He got her back to the hotel room. It went slowly, but he got there. He wobbled a little and had to adjust her a few times, but he got there. I still stayed close, ready to jump in if he needed me. But he didn't need me. I got the door opened and Brendon took her inside and laid her on one of the beds. He pulled the covers up over her and kissed her forehead before climbing into the other bed. I kissed Rilynn's forehead before crawling in next to Brendon. He turned off the lamp beside the bed before turning on his side and hugging me close to him. He kissed my forehead and hugged me tightly.

"I love you, Sarah," he whispered.

"I love you, too, Brendon."

*Oof, guess who's back for now? I'm getting everything worked out, and I'm doing better for now. I was in the mood to post an update, so I went ahead and did it. I'll be posting an explanation of everything that's been happening in a hot minute! BUT HEY, it's spooky season, the best time of year! Halloween is coming up soon! My week is supposed to be pretty bare other than a test on Wednesday for World History. That's literally it. And Algebra homework, which I probably won't even do. I'm surprised I'm not failing that class, because I literally don't do the homework :') Anywho, you might get a couple updates this week to make up for all my absences. Enjoy!