Chapter 11

~Dallon~

When they got me to the hospital, they took care of my leg and my arm. My leg wasn't broken, but it hurt like hell. While they took care of my injuries, I asked about the others in the crash.

"A little girl got here just a bit before you," the intern taking care of me said. "And there was a man just in front of her."

"Do you know what his name is? The man that came in earlier?" I asked. It could be one of three people. Brendon, Spencer, or Zack. Or perhaps one of the drivers. I hoped it was one of the first three.

"I think he said his name was Brendon, but I can check for you once we get you to a room," he said. I nodded, relieved. I sure hoped it was Brendon. I hoped he wasn't too hurt. Rilynn looked pretty bad. I needed to call Sarah. Sarah needed to know. And Breezy. Breezy should know. She'll want to come with Sarah.

"Can I have a phone? I need to call some people."

"I'm sure I can find someone to call them for you," he said. "Any family?"

"My wife is home with our two kids in L.A., but you have to call my friend's wife, too," I said. "She needs to know. The little girl that came in before me, Rilynn, she was just recently adopted. She needs her family. And she didn't look too good when I was with her. Sarah needs to know."

"We'll make sure they know," he said. He closed the door to my hospital room and left me alone. I couldn't stop thinking about Rilynn. She was so scared when I had to leave. 

~Sarah~

I didn't find it suspicious when I got the call. I got calls from numbers I didn't recognize all the time. What made me nervous was when I saw that they were calling from Taylorsville, Utah, close to where Brendon and Rilynn were. I answered, curious. What I heard after that terrified me.

"Hello?" I answered casually. 

"Hello, is this Sarah Urie?" the man on the other end of the phone asked.

"It is," I replied slowly.

"I'm calling from the St. Mark's Hospital in Taylorsville, Utah," he continued. "I'm calling about your husband and daughter, Brendon and Rilynn."

"Is everything okay? What happened?" I asked quickly. Why would the hospital be calling me? "How did you get my number?"

"A man, Dallon Weekes, said we needed to call you," he explained. "I'm afraid your husband and daughter and a group of people with them were in a terrible car accident. I am not aware of their conditions, but it'd be best if you came down as soon as you could."

"Thank you, I'll catch the next flight down," I replied. They were in an accident? How bad was it? I hung up and called Breezy.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Breezy, have you heard from Dallon?" I asked.

"I got the call about the crash," she said. "From what it sounded like, Dallon was okay. I asked about the others, but they wouldn't say anything. Are you okay, Sarah?"

"My husband and nine-year-old daughter were in a car crash in Utah and they won't tell me anything," I said, "so yeah, I'm okay."

"Sarah, I'm so sorry," Breezy said. "When are you leaving?"

"I'm getting on the next flight," I replied. "You should come with me. The kids can come, or you can leave them with someone. I'm going to find out when the next flight to Magna is."

"Okay, call me when you have a time," she said. "The kids will probably come with us, but I'll leave whenever you do."

"Okay, I'll call you later, Breezy," I said before hanging up. 

I looked to see when the next plane to Magna from L.A. was. There's was a flight leaving late that night. I called Breezy and told her, and she said she'd meet me at the airport with the kids. Later that night, before we boarded our plane, I met Breezy with Amelie and Knox. We got on the plane when they started boarding and took off towards our husbands and Rilynn. 

~Brendon~

I couldn't feel my legs and I needed to see my daughter. The doctors said when I landed on my back during the crash, it sent a shock through my spine that temporarily paralyzed my legs. They said it'd come back in a few days. Just to give it time. But no one would tell me anything about Rilynn. I asked every time I saw someone, but no one would tell me anything. No one would tell me anything about anyone.

The next morning, I woke up to find Sarah sitting in my hospital room. When she realized I was awake, she jumped up and hugged me tightly.

"Brendon," she choked, crying.

"Sarah, I'm okay," I whispered, hugging her. "My legs are just temporarily paralyzed. They said in a few days I should have feeling back."

"I know, but it's not just you," she cried.

"What? Have you seen Rilynn yet? What about Dallon, and Spencer? And Zack?" I asked.

"Dallon's fine, Breezy and the kids are with him," she said. "He just hurt his leg and his arm and hit his head. I talked to him while you were asleep and he said Rilynn wasn't too good. She was trapped beneath a large piece of metal and it was crushing her whole body. He said she couldn't move her fingers. The doctors said she's in surgery and they'll update us as soon as possible. I heard that Spencer was unconscious. I haven't been to see him yet, but I was going to go this afternoon while you slept. Zack's injuries aren't bad, but they aren't great either. I went and stopped by to see him after Dallon."

"Oh my god," I whispered, starting to cry myself. "I let go of her."

"What are you talking about, Bren?" Sarah asked.

"When we were hit, I let go," I said. "I'd had my arm around her shoulders and we were all talking. When we were hit by the other car, I let go of her and her seat belt snapped."

"It's not your fault," Sarah said. "Zack said it was all his fault she got hurt so bad. He said she flew at him and he tried to grab her so she didn't get hurt too badly, but he couldn't get a hold on her and she flew out of the car."

"If I hadn't let go. . . ."