Chapter 18

~Sarah~

"Hello?"

"Breezy, it's Sarah, is Dallon up?" I asked.

"Yeah," she sighed. "He couldn't sleep. His leg started hurting about an hour ago. What's up?"

"Can you put me on speaker?" I asked, smiling. I looked up at Rilynn. 

"Why?" Breezy asked slowly.

"Just put me on speaker," I said. She sighed and I heard Dallon's voice.

"What's going on, Sarah?" Dallon asked.

~Rilynn~

"What's going on, Sarah?" I missed Dallon so much; I was grateful to hear his voice again. Mom looked at me and nodded, holding the phone close to me. She had it on speaker so they could hear me.

"Hi, Dal," I said, a small smile appearing on my lips as a faint "oh my god" was heard.

"Rilynn?" a woman I was assuming was Dallon's wife, Breezy, asked.

"Dallon?" I asked. I wanted to hear him again.

"Oh my god," he said again, muffled. Mom was smiling.

"Dallon, would you like to come see her?" Mom asked.

"Hell yeah," he said. I laughed.

"Children can hear you, Dallon," Mom laughed.

"Right," he laughed. I missed hearing his laugh.

"We'll be there in a bit," Breezy said, laughing. 

"Alright, see you soon," Mom said before ending the call. My stomach fluttered. I was going to see Dallon. I'd only seen Mom and Dad the whole time I've been here. I hadn't seen Dallon since the crash, and who knows how long ago that was.

"How are the others?" I asked, looking at Mom.

"Dad's walking again," she said smiling. Then her smile disappeared.

"What? Is he okay?" I asked.

"Yeah," She said. "Zack is getting released a few days, which is good. But Spencer still hasn't woken up. They aren't sure if he ever will. Dad has faith. We all do. He'll wake up."

"And Dallon? He's okay, isn't he?" I asked.

"Yes, Dallon is fine," Mom said. "He got released awhile ago. He still has trouble sleeping, but he's okay."

"That's good," I said. I looked at my feet and tried to move my toes again. They wiggled just a little bit. It was a start, I guess.

Awhile later, there was a knock at the door and I looked up. Dallon, Breezy, and two kids were standing at the door. Dallon broke into a wide smile when he saw me. I smiled, too. I missed him so much. I'd seen Mom and Dad a few times since the crash, but I hadn't seen Dallon at all. Mom got up and stood outside with Breezy, letting Dallon come in and sit with me alone. Dallon sat in the chair Mom had just occupied, a smile still on his face.

"I missed you," I said, trying not to cry.

"I missed you, too, Baby Urie," he said, hugging me.

"Watch this," I said. I looked at me feet and wiggles my toes a little bit. "This is the best I can do right now, but the doctors said I'll be able to walk again soon."

"That's great," he smiled. "Are you feeling okay?"

"I'm okay," I said. "Spencer's the one we need to worry about."

"Spence will be fine, Ri," he said, grabbing my hand. "Just have faith, Baby Urie. Everything will be okay eventually."

"But what if it's not, Dal?" I asked. "What if it's not going to be okay? What if it's my fault this happened?"

"Why would you think it wasn't your fault?" Dallon asked. I'd said too much. . . but I had to explain.

"My foster parents always said I was bad luck," I said, looking at the sheets on my hospital bed. "Bad things always happened when I was there. My mom and dad died, my foster father started drinking, foster kids in my home we're sent away to terrible homes and orphanages. Bad things always happen around me. The airplane on our way here? Probably me. The crash? Me. The guy that jumped the barricades at the concert? Probably me. Spencer not waking up? Me. Everything is my fault."

"Nothing is your fault," he said, his voice tough and his eyebrows furrowed just a little bit. He had a stern look in his eyes. "Your foster parents didn't give a shit about you. They would have driven you to suicide if Brendon and Sarah hadn't found you. Nothing they ever said to you matters."

~Sarah~

Dallon was so happy when he saw Rilynn. They'd grown so close over the short time they'd known each other. I left Dallon and Rilynn alone, standing outside the room with Breezy, Amelie, and Knox. I took a picture and posted it on Instagram.

sarahurie So glad to see my baby happy again ❤️ It'll be a long road of recovery. Thanks for being in our lives, Dal ❤️ @/dallonweekes @/rilynnurie @/brendonurie @/breezyweekes

The comments blew up with fans happy that Rilynn was awake and happy. Breezy and I talked while we watched Dallon and Rilynn. 

/Time Skip/

Brendon made a full recovery. Dallon eventually told his doctor he was still having leg pains that kept him up at night, and he was given a prescription for some pain meds that helped. Zack also made a full recovery. Rilynn eventually learned to walk and move her arms again, but she still had trouble. She wobbled when she walked sometimes, and she couldn't go very fast. But she was alive and getting better at doing everyday tasks. Spencer still hadn't woken up.

The day Rilynn got released was a good day for all of us. The doctors had decided she was ready to leave the hospital that had been her home for weeks. She decided that she wanted to walk to Spencer's room by herself, to prove to Brendon she was ready to leave. He'd been protesting her release for a while. He didn't think she was ready to handle being without doctors and nurses around. But she knew she was ready. So before we signed her released papers, Brendon and I walked alongside her, making sure she didn't fall as she walked to Spencer's room.

She stumbled a little when she tried to go faster, but she caught herself. Brendon reached out to help her, but she shook her head and kept going. We could both tell she was determined. We walked closely next to her, just in case. Brendon watched her carefully, looking for a reason to keep her here just a little longer. I kept glancing at him. When we reached the room, Rilynn held onto the wall to steady herself before reaching for the doorknob. She turned the knob and opened the door, walking in before us. I heard a small gasp come from the room. Brendon and I shared a glance and rushed inside behind her.

*Hey guys. Sorry about my "hiatus". It might be a little longer though because I thought I could come back and be able to focus on my writing almost full time, but I realized I couldn't. I did want to get another chapter to you guy though. Sorry for the cliffhanger. I'll try and get back as quickly as possible so you can find out what happens next! Wish me luck!

- A <3