Chapter 10

~Rilynn~

The ringing. It gave me a headache. My vision was blurry. The weight of the metal was crushing me. It was hard to breathe.

"Dad!" I screamed. "Dallon! Spencer! Zack! Anyone!" That was most of my energy. And breath. The metal on top of me shifted. It shifted some more, but whoever was moving it couldn't get it off of me. I saw someone bend down, but my vision was still fuzzy. I couldn't tell who it was. I only knew it was a man. He was saying something, but I couldn't hear what he was saying. My whole body was numb. I couldn't feel a thing. Maybe it was just the shock. Hopefully it was just the shock.

My vision came back into focus slowly. I blinked several times and focused on the man. He would get up, try and lift the metal a few times, and then go back to laying on the ground next to me. After a few times of that, my vision came fully into focus. The ringing in my ears persisted. The man laid beside me once more and I focused on his face. Dallon. I could feel myself start to cry. I tried to wiggle my fingers, to ask him to hold my hand, but fingers stayed stationary. I looked at my hand in disappointed and tried again. Still nothing. Dallon got the message anyways. He grabbed my hand and didn't leave my side. When he did, the metal shifted again. The weight was lifted off my body. I still couldn't my feel anything. The ringing slowly disappeared.

I was surrounded by people in uniforms. The ringing in my ears slowly dispersed, and I could immediately hear all of the voices and sirens and footsteps. It was so loud. I screamed. I could breathe again, but I still couldn't feel my entire body. 

"Dallon!" I screamed. The people were talking to each other. A police officer was talking to Dallon while a paramedic tried to get him to one of the ambulances. As soon as he heard my voice, he limped over to me and dropped by my side.

"Are you okay? Do you know what happened?" he asked. 

"Dallon, I can't feel anything," I cried. 

"Shhh, it's okay," he whispered, grabbing my hand.

"Where's Brendon and Spencer? And Zack?" I asked, breathing heavily.

"I don't know," he said. "I heard you and came over immediately. I haven't had time to look for someone else."

"Sir, we need to get you in an ambulance," someone said, grabbing his arm.

"No, Dallon, please," I cried. He gripped my hand, even though I couldn't feel it. "Please don't leave me. I can't be alone. Please."

"Sir, we'll take very good care of her," someone said. "You need to go with someone to the hospital. She'll be right behind you. She'll be fine. We won't let anything else happen to her."

"I don't want to go alone," I cried. I couldn't. I didn't want to be alone. I needed someone.

"Can't I stay? Please?" Dallon pleaded.

"Sir, I'm sorry, but we need to get you to the hospital,"  the paramedic said. He tried to help Dallon up off the ground and someone took his place.

"Dallon!" I screamed. 

"Honey, you're going to be okay," the female paramedic who'd taken his place said. "We'll get you to the hospital. You'll see him soon."

"They need to find the others! I'm fine! Let go of me!" I screamed. "I'm fine! You need to find them!"

"Honey, we have people looking for any other survivors," she said, comforting me. "You need our help just as much, maybe more. You'll see them at the hospital. You'll be okay, honey, you all will." She turned to the others. "Let's get her on a stretcher and up in an ambulance! She needs to get to the hospital as soon as possible! She may be temporarily paralyzed!"

"Paralyzed? My whole body?" I asked, terrified. "I'll be in a wheelchair the rest of my life and I won't even be able to move? No, no, I can't! Dallon! Dallon!" 

"No, honey, the doctors at the hospital will fix it," she assured. "You'll be fine. And you may not be paralyzed. The doctors will sort it all out." 

They brought the stretcher and loaded me on a it. Then they carried me up and put me on a gurney before loading me into an ambulance. I was alone. I didn't want to, but I was. I was taken to the hospital nearest where we crashed and the paramedics updated the doctors on my situation.

"Nine-year-old Rilynn Urie, victim of a car crash," the female paramedic explained while they unloaded me. "She was thrown from the car and crushed beneath a large piece of metal. Possible spine damage. She claims she can't feel anything. Unresponsive on scene, but gained consciousness while we were treating her on-scene."

"Where is he? Where's Dallon? Is he here yet? I need to see him!" I yelled. I tried to thrash my head around, but they had me strapped down.

"What is she talking about?" a male doctor asked.

"There was a man with her when we got to her," she explained. "He wanted to come with her in the ambulance, but he had serious injuries that needed treated. He should have come ahead of her."

"We'll see what we can find out, thank you," the male doctor said. Then he turned to me and we rushed inside. "Do you know who all was in the crash with you?"

"My adoptive dad, Brendon, Dallon Weekes, Spencer. . . Uhh. .  . Smith. Spencer Smith. And Zack. Zack was there. Where's Zack? He, he tried to stop me. Where are they? Do you know what happened to them? Oh, we have to call my adoptive mom. She has to know. I need to talk to her."

"Okay, we'll call your mom," he said. "Can you tell us her name and phone number?"

"Uh, Sarah, Sarah Urie," I said. It took me a moment. I knew I'd hit my head. "Uh, I can't remember her phone number. I think, I think I hit my head. I know her phone number, I swear I memorized it. What is it?"

"It's okay if you can't remember right now," he said. "By what it sounds like, you were in a nasty crash. You very likely could have hit your head. Just take your time. We'll find out about the others."

*I'm home :) I'll try and get out two or three chapters in total since y'all have had to wait so long. If you have any questions at all about what's going on or anything at all, feel free to comment or pm me! If you decide to pm, please make clear that you are talking to either me, or Em, or else the wrong person might answer :/ Thank you for being patient :)

Much love for all,

A