Explanations and Other Shiny Things

"Why in the hell are you riding in on a motor cycle?" Gerdie asks, circling it like it was a disgusting peice of crap.

I wasn't for the whole making-a statement bit that having a motor cycle supposedly stood for. Who cares about everyone else?

Having this bike made me immensely happy. I had earned it fair and square... Okay, maybe not earned but I had went through all the certification to be able to drive it and I felt proud.

I absolutely loved the feeling I got when I rode my very beautiful motorcycle; No matter what others thought.

"I thinks it's badass." Fiona says, high fiving me as we walk towards school.

My friends were welcoming me back considering I hadn't been here in weeks. I decided I need a break and jumped on the jet effectively running away from my problems.

My mother and I decided to say hello to some friends back in New York and eat at a few favorite resturaunts that we had been craving.

I definitely think I needed some mother-daughter time considering all the fights we had been having lately. Although the time we had spent together in New York was good for us, it didn't completely fill the void that I had stuffed between us. After all she did betray me by getting together with "him". I knew in time I would be able to get over it but I also realized I wouldn't be able to just yet.

We had had specific plans to go to Sage's wedding after our mini trip but for some strange reason it had been called off and now Sage was back at the house working for my mother as my personal body guard. He spoke no word of why the wedding was called off and of course we didn't ask. When he wanted to tell us, I knew he would.

Back home, things with Sage and I were strained. While he was still the guy I had once claimed was my best friend, I had changed drastically and in a way he had too. I guess he was punishing himself for letting what happened with Ren and I go on without any of his account. My mother had filled him in on everything that happened while he was away... well everything that she was aware of that is. Rightfully, he really didn't have a clue until after he had spoken to Trudy. After that conversation he was royally pissed off.  Our relationship wasn't the same now. The loss of my very best friend was killing me.

"No doubt about it." Oliver agrees with her, throwing his arm over her shoulder. When she didn't make a big deal about it, he smiled down at his shoes happily.

"I missed you guys." I tell them, hooking my other arm through Gerdie's.

"Yeah, yeah, bitch. Just don't run off again and we wouldn't have this problem." Fiona grumbles, her way of saying that she missed me too.

"Fiona's right. You're filthy rich, at least take me with you next time." Gerdie inputs.

Laughing, I pull away from them and head to my locker. "I'll see you guys at lunch."

We part ways and I open my locker. My books were exactly as I left them. Neat and perfectly in order. Just to spite myself, I mixed them up and yanked out the wrong one, stuffing it into my bag.

"You have the wrong book." Sage tells me.

Lately he's been acting like less of a friend and more of a body guard. Although it's his job, I really wish he's acknowledge his other role as my best friend.

I slam my locker shut and shrug. "Too late, already closed my locker." I explain in a bored tone.

"It wasn't too late because I told you before you closed it." He exclaims incrediously.

Once again I shrug.

I don't know why I was so angry with him. It could be the fact that he, my best friend, left me to defend the only heart that my body will ever be able produce by myself or that he didn't exactly say why the wedding he couldn't stop talking about for weeks was canceled. It was silly, I know but with Sage it was different. I was angry because I care so much about him.