Finding My Strength In Hurtful Words

***Not Edited***

***I'm also dedicating this chapter to LoveHateAndWar because she has been with this story since the beginning and I feel like she's helped me the most with this story without even knowing it!! So thank you, thank you, thank you! ♡★♡***

Now onto the story...

Once Ren had thoroughly made me feel like complete and utter shit I proceeded to head off to bed while ignoring Gerdie's pleas of forgiveness.

She grabs my arm and pulls me back. "Listen! God, Aurora listen to me for just a second!"

"I just dont want to hear it right now, Gerdie!" I shout and turn on my heel away from her.

It would take me a little while to get over what she pulled tonight. It was as though she wanted there to be even more tension between Ren and I.

After showering I convinced myself that the best thing for me at this moment would be to rest and then I could talk to Ren and explain what happened between Sage and I tomorrow.
But I couldnt even put myself to sleep. Why was the fact that Ren had possibly lost faith in me making my skin crawl?

Ugh... I couldnt do it. I needed his reassurance.

In my nighties I tip toe across the hall and open the door to Ren's room. He was sitting up In his bunker, gazing up at the moon creating a luminous glow to his shirtless body.

Shirtless.

A warmth settles in my stomach as I stare shamelessly at the beautiful guy infront of me.

After what seems like forever he looks up at me, his face expressionless.

"What do you want?" He asks, his voice void of emotion.

"I want to explain."

"I dont care." He answers. "I dont want to hear it." He looks away from me and then at his hands. When I dont make a move he gazes back at me, eyes blazing. "Get out Aurora! I dont fucking want you and hell, I never did! It was all just a game for me that is quite frankly getting old."

I cross my arms, defiant. "Dont lie to me. I know how you feel about me."

Ren laughs but its nothing pleasant. It made my heart clench as if he had been recently making fun of me. "Lie? All Ive ever done was lie to you but you're just too stupid to realize it. You're so caught up, you know. You have this stupid idea that everyone can be trusted but everyone who has ever come into your life has fucked you over."

My bottom lip betrays me and quivers. "You dont mean any of this."

"Oh yes I do sweetheart." He smirks but its nothing like his beautiful playful one. The one that had me wrapped around his finger. "You're mom: Fucking the man that videotapped you having your ass handed to you. Your best friends, Gerdie and Fiona, both dont care about you. They're just with you for your money! Dont believe me? I fucked both of them."

My heart stops.

...Gerdie?

"And dont get me started on Sage. He completely lied to you about him abandoning the wedding. His wife jumped ship but you fell right in for his shit. Thats okay though. He showed me how easy it is to get in your pants. And lets not forget those people that beat you to a pulp-..."

The slap I etched across his face echoed through the room. It broke through his rant and gave me my space from his vicious words.

I couldnt see clearly through the tears that welled up in my eyes. I was shaking with anger and pain that it took everything I had to keep standing up on my own two feet.

"if your intentions were to hurt me, then you succeeded." I said softly and walked out of his room.

Because of my rushed instructions for us to be back at the island the captain approved and we were pushing shore around noon the next day.

I didnt wait, I didnt ask questions, and I surely didnt want anyone to plead their case to me. I wanted to go home.

Right now I was fearless. I was mad as hell and nothing, not even drug dealers back home scared me. I had loose ends not to tie up but yet to snip off.

On the flight back home in between Gerdie and Sage I finally conjure up the courage to speak.

"You both lied to me."

"I was going to tell you I promise," Gerdie was already In tears. "I just didnt want you to hate me."

"You know you mean the world to me and I know I lied to you so I dont have any excuses. Im just sorry and I hope you can find it in your heart to let me explain... when you're not so angry at me." Sage says.

We're alerted that the plane is about to land. I offer a sad smile. "Every thing is fine. No worries."

They are both stricken with silence.

The plane lands and I leave... without them.

Author's Note:

I absolutely love this chapter... nuff said.

Oh and if you have any suggestions about who should play Ren, Aurora, or Sage plz dont be affraid to comment.

So fans... how do you feel about Ren now?

♡♥♡ Lily B.