Second Chances

Gerdie's eyes pop out of her head as she steps out into the back yard. "Seriously?" She begins to tear up as all her friends come and greet her, wishing her a late happy birthday. Like a month late. "I can't believe you did all of this just because you came late to my get together for karaoke."

I shrug, smiling. "What can I say, you mean alot to me."

She squeals and pounces into my arms, squeezing me into a tight bear hug. "You're an amazing friend." Gerdie whispers.

After almost completely missing her birthday two weeks ago, I decided to make it up to her by throwing a seriously swanky cocktail party. There was a band playing covers of her favorite songs, twinkly lights set off the night air, her closest friends and wanna-be friends were present, hanging around by the huge layout of food- her favorite resturaunt catered.

"The birthday girl is here!" Someone shouts and people began to cheer, whooping and hollering, chanting her name.

The night was fun. Everyone was dancing feverishly around Gerdie, stuffing themselves without unreasonable amounts of food and celebrating a late birthday party. Oliver and Fiona brought out the ginormous cake and she cried, blowing out all gazillion candles in nearly two breaths. This was the party of the year and people would be coming up to her tomorrow asking why they weren't invited.

Around one o'clock in the morning, people started to leave. Well they sort of had no choice since the band had left and the cleaners began to wipe away an traces of the party. Champange had been present at the party so some people were walking off with someone carried in there arms.

Fiona, Oliver, and Gerdie were all completely wasted. They had been drinking the champange like fruit punch the entire night, so naturally they all stayed at my house that night because I refused to let them out on the road in that condition. Oliver has stripped down to his birthday suit and was streaking down the halls, frightening the maid. Fiona was munching on pretzels that had fallen on the floor but she didn't seem to care all that much. Gerdie was explaining to the horrifyed maid the pros and cons of sex which suprized me she knew about.

"First, who does it really benefit? The girl or the boy? Because really he's just dropping his load off inside her without any remorse!" I laugh out loud, realizing that I was a little tipsy as well.

"Oliver put your clothes on!" I shout, "No one wants to see your little package." Fiona giggles and pinches her index finger and thumb together, leaving a tingy amount of space between.

His eyes are wide incredulously. "Little? It's just because of the cold-..."

"It's seventy degrees outside!" Fiona adds, her mouth filled with pretzels. We're all laughing, even the maid.

Soon, everyone is sleeping. Oliver on the couch in my room, Fiona at the end of the bed, Gerdie and I at the top. Just as I was dozing off, my phone beeps alerting me of a text message.

I need to see you.

I didn't even have to look at the I.D. to understand who it was. Rolling back over, I ignore the text message. But another one comes through and this time Gerdie groans.

Do you want me to break into your house?

I have no choice but to text him back because if Trudy saw an intruder running across the lawn she would tackle him and immediately call the cops, no questions asked. Lord knows this won't be his first offense and he will be looking into some serious jailtime if caught.

Not now, I have company.

Probably should have clued in that my friends were over this late, because 'company' implied that there might be a guy, but oh well it was far too late now. It's not like I cared. There's another bing.

What's that supposed to mean? Get your ass out here.

Ren, I promise we can talk about whatever it is you have to tell me tomorrow, but just not now okay?

But he just refuses to take no for an answer and I just have to give him credit for his persistance.

No, now.

Sighing, I push the covers back from me, pulling my UGGs onto my feet and looking out the window. Trudy must seriously have a soft spot for him because he stood in the driveway leaning against his motorcycle all cynical like. Such a cliche, a bad boy on a motorcycle.

Escaping from the room was no trouble, considering my friends were reasonably wasted and was going to wake up tomorrow with a horrible hangover. At least they got to sleep.

Once I was on the porch, Ren pushes off his bike and stands before me, flashing a beautiful killer smile that illuminated in the moonlight, basking in the florescent rays. I was left breathless by the smile and it was intensely contagious, refusing to be affected by his charm was like refusing a sleeping pill after it was already in your system. There was no fighting it.

Smiling I push his shoulder. "Seriously? It's like four in the morning, what is it?"

"It's my mom." Good news was bound to follow with a smile like that. "She's an applicant for a heart transplant and she goes into surgery in tomorrow." He declares, that dazzling smile brightening the night.

I couldn't help it, I pounced into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist. He spins me around and I laugh, holding onto him tightly. "That was definitely worth getting out of the bed at four o'clock in the morning!" I exclaim softly, not trying to wake anyone in the house. "I'm really happy that everythings going to work out."

Ren stops and then gazes at me, his face going suddenly serious. "Why have you been ignoring me?" He asks.

The mood is ruined and I sigh, jumping down from his waist and crossing my arms, trying not to look into those eyes of his because I was bound to get lost. "We were having a good moment," I mumble to myself.

"I know we had a slight disagreement, but I was willing to apologize." Ren grabs my hips and pulls me to him slowly, giving me plenty of time to stop him but I don't. Now my body is pressing against his, toe to toe, waist to waist, chest to chest. My heart surges into a rapid rate and while breathing is becoming far more difficult than before Ren smirks, his hand slipping under my shirt, tracing circles on my lower back.

"D-don't play this game with me, Ren." I studder. "I care about you... about what's going on with you."

He pulls back slightly. "So that's all it was? You felt sorry for me?"

I was just about to apologize for my behavior when he burst out laughing, pressing a scowl on my face. "I'm just shitting you,"

I slap his chest a smile creeping at my lips. "You're such a tool, Ren."

Ren smiles, but the seriousness never leaves his eyes. "No, I'm not."

I walk up the steps and look back at him. "I want to be there at the hospital with you and meet your mother possibly?" He nods and I smile, finally reaching the front door.

Author's Note:

I love Ren so much!! That is all... lol

Lily B.