Who That Shall Not Be Named

The hospital always felt like a second home to me. My mother thought I could never spend too much time in the hospital and often brought me here when I was experiencing a head cold. She was terribly affraid of me getting sick and dying or something like that.

After buying simple colorful daisies in the hospital shop, I made way into the elevator and pressed the up button. The elevator bings and the doors swing open, I step inside and for a second it seems like I'll have the elevator all to myself. But then a familiar face steps through.

"Henry!"

He smiles brightly and I realize how cute he actually was. He had tousled blonde hair and pale blue eyes that made me want to giggle like a little school girl.

"Hey, Aurora. Are you visiting a sick relative?" He asks, after we briefly hug, the way aquaintainces should hug.

I nod. "Something like that. What about you?"

"My little sister broke her leg last night and she had to go into surgery this morning. She's being a drama queen and orders that I get a fruit salad, no artifical sweetners." He looks distressed. "Does fruit even not have that. Doesn't it just come from the vine or tree or whatever."

I laugh and press button four, the level for the cafeteria. "I think I can help you out." He looks extremely relieved and smiles again. I'm almost positive that he has to know the affect of his smile.

"So you're little sister owns you, huh?" I ask playfully.

"She's basically owned my ass since she was born." He runs a hand through his hair. I don't ever remember him being this hot in class. "I just can't say no to that kid. Like at all."

"Aww that's cute." That familiar blush is back and now I know that he doesn't just have some really hot twin, I was probably just too wrapped up in my own shallow crap to really take a look at him.

The elevator bings and he follows me into the cafeteria where I grab and bowl of fruit and hand it to him. "Just fruit. No sugar or artifical sweetners."

"Thanks." After he pays for the bowl of fruit, he kind of just stands there. He clears his throat nervously. "I was just wondering, when and if you and Ren are over, maybe you and I could-..."

"Whatever you're selling, she doesn't want any." A voice said from behind me. Ren winds his arms around my waist and pulls me against him possessively.

I pull away from him and look back up at Henry. "Wait, Ren and I? We aren't... together, together." I reassure him but doesn't seem too convinced about it.

He glances up at Ren and then back at me, taking in my confused expression. "When he realizes that, maybe we can get together sometime and have coffee." Henry backs away, "But anyway, thanks for the fruit. It meant alot." He turns on his heel and walks away.

I whip around to Ren, who had his arms crossed over his chest. "What is he talking about?"

Ren steps closer to me, the anger in his eyes burns holes into me like acid. "My mother is going into surgery today. The type of surgery that she just might not come back from and you're here flirting with some guy when you should be supporting my brother and I."

Although I knew he was just using this as a way to get out telling me why Henry thought we were together I find myself looking down ashamed, nodding my head in agreement. "You're right. I'm sorry, it was completely inconsiderate of me." I twine my fingers in with his, squeezing gently. "How are you?" I ask, gazing up at him.

Ren leads me down stoicly quiet hallways without answering me and he stops when we come to a door. With a flick of his wrist, he swings the door open and lets me inside. Sitting up in the bed, singing along with the showtones playing softly from the radio next to her hospital bed is a beautiful woman.