Not So Much The End

6 MONTHS LATER

He was walking up the winding driveway... and fast too. It had been almost a six months since I had seen Sage and here he was, trumping up through the grass of my front lawn as if he owned the place.

I didnt like this. I didnt want a confrontation. I knew thats exactly what he was here for. I had been ignoring all of his calls, emails, texts and making Trudy deny him entrance when he stopped by all those numerous times. But now he had somehow gotten through, and the look on his face as he stared up at my house was frightening.

"Is that really who I think it is?" Gerdie asks as she stands next to me and peers out the window alongside me like nosey neighbors.

"Yep. I dont know why he wont just take a hint."

"Because he's your other best friend and you forgave me and not him. I slept with Ren before yall were together and annoying and Sage merely lied to you. How does that make any sense?"

I shrug noncommittably.

Gerdie had a point there. I couldnt exactly explain why Sage lying to me about his marriage felt like the ultimate betrayal. It was just the way he did it that made my blood boil. He gave this long and drawn out speech that was so well strewn together about how I was his best friend and I was his home. I just see something so cynical and evil about a person who could lie so easily about that and his so called failing marriage.

With Gerdie there was no way I could blame her for sleeping with Ren. I had no ties to him at the time and I cant put that against her. Plus there is no way I could blame her for giving into him. She stood no chance against those smoldering eyes and glistening abs... zero chance.

"You should just talk to him. Get it over with while Ren is away getting you tampons."

Oh yeah. Ren was that amazing.

"You're right. I should give Sage the benefit of the doubt."

She nods and pushes me out the door. "Make it quick because Im pretty sure Ren should be back in about ten. The store is right down the road."

As I took the stairs two at a time, the doorbell continuously went off. By the time I yank the door open Im pretty sure Sage had rang it at least fourty times.

Sage stares at me, anger clear on his face and then waltzes right into the house skipping the pleasantries. He makes his way to the kitchen where he grabs a bottle of water out the fridge and sits at the island counter taking gulps from clear platsic.

"It's about time you stop acting like a frigid brat and talk to me like a grown up."

I glare at him and cross my arms over my chest. "Im not a frigid brat Sage. I just wasnt ready to speak to you yet."

His eyebrow raises. "Its been six months. How is that not enough time?"

"What do you want from me Sage?" I ask, promptly ignoring the question. "What can I do for you that requires so many phone calls and texts?"

He boldly stands infront of me abandoning his water bottle on the counter. He moves a strand of hair out of my face and his eyes soften substantially.

"I miss you Rory and Im sorry. Just give me one more chance to-..."

"She's gonna pass on that." Ren says as he comes through the door setting the bags down on the counter and pulling me to him.

Even after all these months his presence still puts warmth in the pit of my stomach and his anger only intensifies his sexiness. That messy dark hair, those intense and smoldering blue gray eyes, that chiseled face, and that hard and glorious body of his made me his victim. And I would gladly play that role over and over again. Not only was he drop dead gorgeous, he had a beautiful soul that touched me in ways no one else would ever be able to. It made me want him even more than the usual amount and thats saying something. I instantaneously imagine the countertop and him bending me over it, taking me hard and fast while thinking about his good heart. I had some serious issues.