Heart Attack

My house was still exactly the same. The parlor was fully stocked with alcohol, the living area was as usual polished and elegant, the kitchen neat and pristine. The same as usual.

To be completely honest, I missed home. I missed Olga and my mother. I missed my room and the fully stocked fridge. I just missed everything. But I knew without thinking about it, I would miss Ren even more than those things if I came back home.

"Just one second." Olga tells us, leaving us to wait in the dining area.

Ren twines his fingers through mine and squeezes reassuringly, but it doesnt stop my heart from pounding away in my chest. I was about to come face to my mother and possibly Ren's. What was I to say? How do I make up for running away fresh out of a comma? It didnt seem like any words would make that okay. I was so confused about everything and with the determined look on Ren's face I couldnt afford to be. I was supposed to know exactly what I wanted but I didnt.

"What do you mean they're here?" I hear my mom say from a room around the corner that I assume to be the library.

I squeeze Ren's hand even tighter and step closer to his side.

"Aurora and that boy are here, Mrs. King." Olga responds quickly as if she was afraid Ren and I would leave and she would be accused of trying to pull a sick joke.

We hear the rush of frantic footsteps and my mother steps comes around the corner before us. She grips the book between her fingers tightly and gulps loudly.

She was still as beautiful as ever and seeing her now made me realize that I was still just some teenager. I above all else needed my mommy.

Without realizing what I was doing, Im running towards her and throwing my arms around her. The book she was holding tightly is forgotten and discarded to the floor.She embraces me with as much enthusiasm as I do her.

"Dont you ever do that again, Aurora."

I nod my head. "Okay."

Our hug fest took Ren constantly huffing and puffing in the back ground for us to seperate. We figured we needed to have a formal sit down to talk things out. So Olga served chamomile tea to create soothing tones but I knew nothing would calm Ren down.

I sat down next to Ren and his abandoned tea and waited for my mother to finish her sip and start off the conversation.

She took her sweet time drinking her tea and when she was finished she looked at me and then glared viciously at Ren.

"I want my daughter home." She demands right off the back.

"Mom!" I exclaims. "Be reasonable!"

"I am being reasonable." She says calmly. "I want my daughter without a drug dealer boyfriend, and back at home where she belongs. He's done nothing but hurt you and put you in terrible positions. Aurora you were almost killed because of this incompetent little-...!" She shouts.

Ren rises out of his seat his eyes blazing with rage.

"You dont know anything, lady." He growls.

My mother stands up, her face screwed up in a deep scowl. "I know my daughter and I know you're no good for her. She deserves better. She deserves someone who will keep her out of harms way not throw her in the line of bullets. I should have had you thrown behind bars!"

"Mom, calm down or we're going to have to leave and you wont see me for a long while."

The expression on her face faulters and she takes her seat again, running a nervous hand through her hair. "Fine."

I yank Ren down onto the seat beside me. "Now no one has asked me what I want or how I feel about the situation." I look up at Ren hoping he wont be too mad at me."Ren, I love you. But Im coming back home."

Ren's face falls and then fills to the tip with anger. "What?"

I ignore him and then turn to my mom. She's wearing a smug smile but it doesnt take me long to break it. "Mom, Ren and I are together. I want to be with him for a long time and he's not going anywhere."

Her grin drops. "B-b-but-..."

"No buts, I wont change my mind. Im an adult mom and I love him." I stand up and look pointedly at Ren who was already staring at me with intensely angry eyes.

I gulp. "Come on Ren, lets go."

He slowly stood to his feet, never breaking eye contact.

Ren follows behind me as I take him up to my room and close the door behind me.

"I thought we agreed that I wasnt leaving this place unless you were with me." He says in a low voice.

I plop down on my bed. "Ren you need your space. Whether you think you do or not. I also just dont want us to rush things. I want us to have a normal relationship."

"I dont care about any of that Aurora!" He shouts, making me jump from his sudden change in voice. He closes his eyes to reign in his anger and sighs. "I want you with me." He says in a calmed tone.

I reach out for him and grasp his shirt between my hands.

"Come on, you're getting to worked up over this." I lay down on the bed and pull him beside me. "Lay down, lets take a nap."

He looks down at me with a frustrated yet confused expression on his gorgeous face. "I dont want to take a nap here. I want us to go home, have mind blowing sex and fall asleep from exhaustion." He says seriously.

I burst out laughing. "Stop fighting me on this and lay down!"

He groans and throws himself down on the bed. I curl up to him, throwing my knee over his waist.

"You're gonna have a heart attack if you think about this for too long." I whisper.

Ren wraps his arms around my waist and squeezes me to him. "You're my heart attack." He murmurs.

I close my eyes and smile.

Author's Note:

I realize they're are a lot of untied ends. Like Gabriel, Sage, Ren's mother and little brother. This is the potential set up for the sequel that I may or may not begin.

But let me know how you feel about this sequel. I promise updates on the sequel will be a lot better if I decide to do it.

Anyways... this story has been a great ride. I hope that maybe someone got something close to joy out of this story because thats really all I aim for. I love you guys to the moon and back :) Thank yall for supporting Saving the Bad Boy, I couldnt have done it without yall!

Signing Off

Lily B. ♥♥♥