Only Douche Bags Say That

School was school and as usual I could name about twenty five different places I would have rather been. I decided that homeschooling would soon turn me into a hermit and that graduating with an actual diplomat is an experience I would rather not miss. At least that's the bull I feed my mother so that she doesn't send me to every kind of doctor in the country. Seriously, I don't know what is with that woman and her obssession with doctors.

"I see Ren's back to his old ways." Gerdith said, chugging her juice while eyeing Ren and some girl he was making out with in the corner of the lunch room. "For a second there, I actually thought he had finally gained some brain cells somehow."

I shake my head and take a bite of my sandwhich.

"I don't think he had any to begin with." Oliver mutters, glancing at Fiona who can't even look his way. Her eyes were completely trained on Ren and his idiotic display of affection with a girl he barely knew.

See there's another reason why I obviously couldn't tell my friends that Ren and I were sort of... friends. One of my best friends was still obviously in love with him despite his man-whore ways. I couldn't dare choose a good friend over a rickety bridge. Ren being the rickety bridge.

"He keeps looking over here," Fiona hisses. "He's trying to make me jealous." She concludes, nodding her head slowly as if she formulating a dianomical plan right now as we speak.

"Is it working?" I ask sincerely. "Because it looks like it's working."

"No, definitely not. He's a douche bag." Fiona argues, crossing her arms and scowling. Though I think she was sort of satisfied that she thought he was making an effort at trying to get her back.

I wanted to defend him, but I just couldn't because the way he was kissing and groping that poor girl who probably thought he loved her made him look so pathetic and like Fiona said; Douchey. Obviously he had gotten his confidence back and his ego was bigger than life again. I couldn't figure out which Ren I liked. Sensitive and hurting Ren or egotistical and bold Ren? Either way, both sides of him were driving me insane.

"Enough about him, what are we doing tonight? It's Friday and I don't know about you guys but I'm feeling like I can save the freaking world." No one answers me, just eats away at their food sluggishly. "Come on you guys, what's going on?" I ask.

"Ren's damaged ever girl that goes to this school, so they all are on lockdown. I'm royally fucked." Oliver said, thunking his soda can down on the table and glancing quickly at Fiona.

"My dad is riding my ass about being more serious about my grades." Gerdie laughs ruthlessly. "I'm only a freshman and I just wanna have fun, but he threatened that if I don't pull my grades up to all A's and B's he won't allow me to get my permit."

Fiona looks up. "I have too many problems to voice them right now." As she says it, her gaze flickers to Ren, who was now laughing with his friends, that girl in his lap.

Fiona, Oliver, and Gerdie look my way expectantly. "She has no problems guys." Oliver tells them. "She has more money than God."

"What?" I exclaim a little too loudly. People look my way, so I tone it down a bit. "Of course I have problems, money doesn't solve everything."

"Whatever, Aurora." Fiona scoffs. "Name one."

The first thing that pops to my head is Sage. "I'm in love with my best friend whose getting married next weekend." They all wince in unison, patting me on the back while I try and look ashamed because lord knows that was a lie. "I'm so pathetic."

"What were you like his mistress?" Gerdie asks while she rubs my back, comforting me.

"He uh-uh... he doesn't even know I'm in love with him." I swipe at my false tears away. "And he's not going to know. He means alot to me and he loves this girl. I'm just going to leave it alone."

"Oh my gosh, this is just like that movie with Julia Roberts! My Best Friends Wedding!" Gerdie squeals, clapping her hands together.

"Gerdie please don't say oh my gosh, only douche bags say that." Fiona orders in a monotoned voice.

This little lie only got me to thinking. Did I really have no problems, was my life that boring? For some reason I wanted to a go to a club and dance on a pole somewhere. Outrages I know, but I needed something to make me feel alive.

The bell rings and we all stand. "Don't know about you guys, but i'm getting drunk tonight!" I yell out, bystanders looking at me incrediously.

"Here, here!" My friends say from behind me.

In class, Ren sits in his normal seat beside me, smirking.

"How's your mother?" His victorious face faulters, but it comes back at full force.

"Don't try and get me off subject. You were crying at lunch today. If you want me to stop seeing other girls, all you have to do is ask." His fingers are at my thigh, tracing circles that inch there way up, his hypnotic stare never leaving mine.

"I wasn't crying because of you asshole." I say through clenched teeth, finally finding enough will power to push his hand away.

Ren leans into me, his breath tickling my neck and lighting me on fire. "You want me so bad."

I roll my eyes. "Please Ren, don't flatter yourself."

He smirks. "I don't need to because that's why I have you."

I shake my head. "No, you don't have me. I think it's time that you just really understand that." I tell him, my voice just above a whisper. "I'm going to be achingly blunt with you Ren in hopes that you finally get it." The look on his face tells me that he doesn't think I'm up for the challenge.

"That little temper tantrum you pulled with that poor girl in the cafeteria made yourself look bad. I don't see how you thought that made you more attractive because honestly, I don't want you anymore than I did yesterday. I lean in my lips brushing against his ear. "You are making this far too easy for me, baby." I smirk as I pull back and turn my focus on the teacher who was throwing Ren and I the stink eye. Didn't matter anyway, I had already won.

Author's Note:

Okay so I realize this one is really short but no worries, I should be updating soon! And I also want to apologize for the crap load of mistakes in the previous. I don't have Word and I am doing this all with my brain power that doesn't prove to be that sufficient.

So comment it would mean the world to me!!

Lily B.