Life Is Looking Up

***Pic of Tyler Hoechlin who plays Ren!!!***

Three Months Later

"You have got to be shitting me!" I shout as I pound on the bathroom door. "Gia Im gonna be late and you're hogging the bathroom!"

"Just wait a damn minute Ren!" She shouts back. "My hair doesnt look like this on its own."

Koria walks by with her coffee in hand and laughs. "Good luck."

"Can you get her out?" I ask.

Koria rolls her eyes. "Gia, Blake is here!"

Gia immediately yanks open the door and bursts out. "I knew you werent mad at me, you were just kidding when you said all that stuff." She yells happily to a non exsistent Blake.

Pushing her out the way I run into the bathroon and lock the door behind me leaving Gia to beat away at the door just as I had. Wow, she was extremely pissed.

I was ready in ten minutes, four times less than Koria would have been.

I couldnt get to my car fast enough when was out. It was a ritual. I would go to the hospital to visit Aurora after I had eaten and taken a shower and I would stay until I couldnt keep my eyes open any longer. By this time Koria and Gia would have visisted and been long gone or decided not to come at all. This time they decide to tag along.

Because of me having to be hospitalized myself in the Intensive care unit for so long I havent been able to visit Aurora. The gang really did a number on me and somethings I would never recover from. Like that brand on my back or those little tiny razor cuts. I would have a small limp for the rest of my life but thats miniscule in comparison to the the broken bones that the doctor had to reset.

Koria and Gia accompany me on the ride over. The three of us were now roomates at an uptown apartment. I had never been so frustrated with living with these girls but I couldnt stay at home when my mother was suffering pits of depression and my brother absolutely hated me with a passion. I had to get away.

I felt extremely uncomfortable with leaving Aurora behind in that hospital but I came back every day to visit her and called every other day to see if her status had changed. Aurora was still my single reason for living and I still loved her with everything I had. But it was either stay and watch over her immobile body or go to school like I knew she would want. She wanted me to want what she knew I had in me.

When we arrive at the hospital I have to have an escort to Aurora's room. Because of my previous behavior Im not allowed to visit her without supervision to and from her room.

When the male nurse opened the door I walked in confident and happy but when I saw the empty bed panic spread through my body. I reigned in my emotions and tried to stay calm. The nurse, Koria, and Gia were all regarding me carefully.

"Where is she?" I ask evenly.

"I'm sorry sir'." The nurse adds and even those his mouth keeps moving I dont hear anything anymore

My whole world crumbles around me.

My spirit broke instantly and everything I had ever thought was good in the world turned black with distaste.

It takes a lot to kill me. I had five cracked ribs, six broken bones, a broken nose, a fractured jaw, twelve stab wounds, twenty four razor slices, and a hot branding iron placed against my back. But knowing the only girl that I've ever loved has passed away and it was all because of me was by far the worst I pain I have ever endured.

She was gone... she was really gone and it was all my-...

Someone shakes me out of my stupor and the world clicks back together again.

"Did you hear him Ren? He said Aurora has been discharged. That means she's woken up."

When I arrived at her house with Koria and Gia I found my mother's car in the drive. I burst through the door and spot my mother and Aurora's mother gleefully drinking tea and laughing loudly.

But when they spotted me their smiles dropped instantly Blythe, Aurora's mother stood abruptly.

She clears her throat nervously. "Ren what are you doing here?" She asks.

"Cut the crap. I know Aurora got out of her coma. Where is she? Why didnt anyone call me?"

My mother stands. "Ren." She takes a wary glance at Blythe and then comes toward me her hands out like she's approaching a lion. "You shouldnt be here."

"Why not?" I yell. "The question is why are you here?"

"When you left we lost our house. Nicholas and I are staying here for the time being."

My eyes grow wide. "Why didnt you call me mom? You know I have money!"

"Nicholas and I dont want anything to do with your dirty money. He and I have already been impacted enough."

I clench my fists. "Its not dirty anymore."

"If you are still in that gang then it is dirty money."

"We'll talk about this later. I dont have time for this. Where is Aurora? I want to see her now."

"You can't. " Blythe tells me bluntly. "You will never see my daughter ever again. You've done enough damage."

I look at for a second and then burst into laughter. "I want to see you try and stop me."

I confidently stroll towards her room and open the door. For some reason its pitch black in her room and fear of waking her causes me to restrain from flicking on the light. So I pull out my phone and press some random button on my phone. My hands are shaking so the light projecting from my phone cant catch what Im anxiously waiting to see.

The beam of light catches her luminous face. I drop my phone and stare at her in awe. She's not awake. It couldnt be.

Although I was over joyed that she had woken up I was angry at how uncerimoniously our regreeting had been. I should have been by her side when she woke up. I should have been the first face she saw. She should have cried against me with her arms wrapped tightly around my neck. When she woke up she would have told me that I was the only guy she would ever love and that she wanted nothing more than to be with me for the rest of her life.

But thats never how it goes. Instead I see her a day late fast alseep in her bed with her mom threatening me.

"I'm calling the cops." Her mother says from the door way and then she turns on her heel and leaves. Despite her mother's words I scoop her up in my arms and strode from the room.

She stirs from her sleep but then whimpers and cuddles even closer.

How could the feeble mention of cops scare me from the girl of my dreams. I would chase Aurora King until the ends of the earth.

Author's Note:

I dont like this chapter. Its nothing how I wanted it to be and its a little rushed because I hated the idea of Ren being in so much despair... lol Im a little attatched.

Next Upate: April 24th

Im gonna try and stay on a schedule now. Hopefully it'll work!

Lily B. ♡♥♡