Breaking the Ties Can Be Painful

The hospital forced me out. Of course I had made a vow to never leave her side but of course nothing goes the way I want it to. So I finally went home.

Every thing was exactly how I had left it. My bed was hastily made, clothes scattered across the floor, a pizza box was left right in the middle of this mass chaos and my light was on even though sunlight was streaming in through the window.

After eating for the first time in weeks I hop in the shower and stay there until Im clean.

Once Im dressed I now realized that I have nothing else that needs my attention. Sure angry men with guns will come for me soon if I dont show up anytime soon but I coule care less about that. I cant seem to care about much of anything.

I door slowly creeps open and Nicholas stands in the doorway. I think about what my mom said was going on with him and I try everything in my power to get my ass up and comfort him but I just cant.

When I really look at him I could tell he had definitely gotten wiser. I hated myself for making my little brother grow up way faster than he needed to. But I was a dick. There were a lot of things that were my fault.

"Has Rora waken up yet?" He asks bluntly.

I hang my head and put my elbows to my knees. "No." I answer dimly.

I look up at Nicholas.

Nicholas was beyond furious. I had never seen my baby brother look so venomous in my life. Nicholas could portray sadness and even anger rarely but now he was raging with hatred and fire. He seemed as if he was ready to pour gasoline on my body and light a match. But who could blame him, he had every reason to be.

"When she wakes up she gonna hate you." He adds seriously, no smugness to his tone. "She's going to hate you and I hope she's never gonna want to see you ever again."

"Watch it Nicholas." I warn angrily.

I didnt want him saying things like that. He was only professing what skirted the outlining of my thoughts. I hoped that Aurora wouldnt hate me but there was a huge part of my mind that believed she wouldnt want anything to do with me if and when she wakes up.

"You killed her!" He shouts suddenly, his face turning ripe and tears welling up in his big brilliant blue eyes. I could do nothing but stand there in pure and utter shock. "She said she would never leave me and you took her away from me! Rora was my sister and now she's as good as dead!"

With warning, he runs over and starts to pound his little fists on my leg and stomach still yelling and screaming. I let him. He needed to let off steam and hell I deserved it. I, his own brother, was the first person he ever truly loathed and I had did everything to bare that title.

When he had tired himself out I slowly bent down to his level and got down on my knees infront of him.

"Nicholas I-"

He shakes his head and then, like he was a grown man, he spit on the hardwood floor to the right of him. I had taught him that. I had taught him that thats when a man knows his opponent is lesser than he.

Then he turns around and heads for the door but before he exits he stands there for a second, his back to me.

"We arent brothers." He states.

And then he's gone.

There wasnt much I could do but right my wrongs, for my brother, my mother and most importantly Aurora. So the first place I went was to The Gang Hole. The first memory that pops into my head is Aurora saving that douche bag of an ex from my clutches here in this very warehouse. I would have damn near killed that idiot if it werent for her.