Chapter 18: Ice

Fugaku, Hiashi, and Minato were circling eyeing the mist as they look around.

Swish

Clang

Fugaku blocked an incoming kunai ad the three of them jumped from their position to avoid ice shards which embedded themselves on the ground.

"It is futile to fight, give up already."

"My wife is correct, do please give up and you will be spared."

Minato gritted his teeth, where were the others?'

Speaking of the devil, "CHAAA!"

BOOM

The Earth shook as a line figure appeared in the middle as the ground started to crack. Their eyes widened as they applied chakra at their feet to stick themselves at the ground.

"Kushina-chan, your overdoing it again!"

"Whatever Hina!"

"*sigh*"

Minato really is starting to get frustrated which is very rare since he normally have a cool head and very calm, and seeing him frustrated can be a different scene. He started to make hand signs, "Fuuton:Wind Daitoppa no jutsu!"

A large gust of wind came out of Minato's mouth as it removed the mist from the strong wind. Once the mist was gone, it revealed Kushina, Mikoto, and Hina side by side holding a kunai to protect them and Fugaku and Hiashi to be also by his side trying to deflect some ice shards from either side protecting him from getting hit.

"Watch your surroundings next time Namikaze", Hiashi said.

Minato laughed nervously as he took his own kunai, "Sumimasen."

Fugaku grunted, "Hey boys get out of the way!"

Not having a choice, they all jumped as Kushina released the jutsu she was trying to make from the beginning, "Suiton : Suiryuudan no jutsu!"

The onlooking genins gaped (Well not for Fugaku and Hiashi since those emo fellows are too cool to do that, so let's just say that their eyes only widened in just a little centimeter) as the water from the nearby river floated until it turned as a water dragon as it's red eyes locked on two masked nins nearby.

"Take that!", Kushina shouted as the dragon impacts itself on the masked nins only injuring one of them as the second one barely escape.

"W-wait a minute.........  Since when did you know a B-rank  jutsu?!!", Minato asked as he looked at the smug looking Kushina.

"Of course our sensei taught us about it", came the redheads reply.

"U-umm.....  Guys, maybe you two would talk later since one masked nin escaped", came the reply of the ever angelic peacemaker named Hina.

They didn't get to say anything as their eyes widened when an ice prison trapped them inside.

"Katon:Gokakyu no Jutsu!"

The ball of fire tried to destroy the wall, and tried is the key word. Fugaku narrowed his eyes as the ice wall didn't even melt or had a scratch.

They frantically looked around until, "This is my deadly technique, Ice Mirror."

A male voice resonated around the area as the genins looked around. "Fire won't melt this, your in my domain."

Hiashi throws a kunai to one of the mirrors as the image of the masked nin appeared on it only to break as an ice shard hits Hiashi's outstretched hand.