--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Shota finishes towel-drying his hair, glad for once that he now has an excuse to not use the hairdryer his 'thoughtful' friends had given him as a Christmas present. He can't risk waking up his guest all for the sake of perfectly dried hair, can he? He walks back up to the sink and looks into the now-clouded mirror. The glass squeaks with condensation as he wipes his hand over it. Tilting his head left and right, he studies himself in the mirror.

   His eyes are looking a little more refreshed now, thanks to the eye drops and the shower. Although his hair is wet, at least now it's clean. The same can be said for the fresh clothes that now cover his body. All he has left to do now is shave and brush his teeth, then maybe he can quickly sneak out to the store and grab some ingredients for-

   "SSSSSHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!"

   Shota's hands slam over his ears and the apartment rumbles as his friend's voice invades his thoughts. On the other side of the door, he can hear his guest squeaking in shock at the sheer volume of that voice, followed by a dull thud. Adrenaline courses through Shota's body as he dashes back into the bedroom. The girl is now lying on the floor, hands on either side of her head, her right wrist pressing at an awkward angle through all the layers of bandages on it. Her eyes are darting back and forth, and she is shaking. Quickly, Shota scoops her up, murmuring soothing words into her scalp as he places her back on the bed.

   "It's okay. Unfortunately, that's one of my friends," his eyes roll at the word 'friends'. I'm going to open the door. You just stay here and be quiet, okay? You don't have to see him."

   The girl nods her head affirmatively, grabbing a stuffed animal in her bandaged hand and the blanket in her left, pulling it up over her head. Shota makes sure her leg is still elevated on the pillow before turning around and opening the door to the kitchen-living room area.

   I'm going to strangle that loudmouth...

   He yanks open the front door and his greeted by a slender man dressed in black jeans, with a black embellished leather jacket, and an odd, clunky, metal device hanging around his neck. The man's stiff, bright yellow hair adds another two feet to his height.

   "Goooood mornin', Sho!" the man bellows in his direction.

   "Present Mic," Shota grumbles, fingers pinching the bridge of his nose. "What are you doing here?"

   "Well, it's Saturday," the blond replies, seeming more peppy than usual. "I figured you needed someone to help drag your lazy self outta bed!"

   Glancing up and down at the darker-haired man standing in the doorway, his grin widens just a little bit. "Seems like you don't need my help after all!"

   "Yeah, I don't," Shota's words are sharp and curt. "I can take care of myself just fine. Why don't you go back home? Don't you have a set you need to prepare for, or-"

   "I suppose I coooouuuuld go back to my plaaaaaaace," the blond drawls, "But I want to know what gives the notoriously sleepy hero, Eraserhead enough motivation to get out of bed on a Saturday!"

   Shota can feel the blood drain from his face at this unspoken invitation the blond has offered to himself. "No, I just got out of bed to open the door."

   "That's a lie, and you know it!" his friend retorts, shoving himself through the small opening in the door.

   "No, really, Hizashi, you can't come in!"